Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitted Coilovers And Geo Done

well after thinking about doing my coilovers for about..............3 years+ now! :unsure:

Finally got some Tein super street coilovers with top mounts and EDFC unit and today had the morning off and took the car over to WIM's new place. New place is great and looks to be top notch!

After having it all fitted i got about 100 metres down the road and WOW what a difference, i have noticed a HUGE improvemnet from the standard coilovers and geo set up!

Just like to say a big thank you to Tony and the guys at WIM, they are fantastic (i know most of you already know this) and was well worth the long drive from Southampton to get it all done!

I am yet to take any pictures of the new ride height but will get round to it this weekend when i get time to upload the pics, here is what she used to look like................4X4 :whistling: :)

garage_mod-2228-1111859733.jpg

garage_gallery-217-1111859252.jpg

Have managed to fit the EDFC unit into a Altezza lower dash tray and it looks almost stock!!!!

Not too sure what the drop is but maybe you could shed some light Gord????? i don't know what you had the coilovers set to but i didn't change the ride height just fitted them and a small adjustment on one of the rears!

Jason :P

Yours is a stunning example of a modified Lex....

The current ride height is on your "body audit sheet" and then again on the "after calibration sheet". The change between the two is due to the Geometric correction made at the un-sprung chassis moving the sprung chassis. We "tweak" the final trim height when you come back in 2000 miles.

Ok here are the pictures :)

EDFC unit molded into lower Altezza tray, almost looks like it was there when i bought the car!

med_gallery_6300_24_1364794.jpg

med_gallery_6300_24_769761.jpg

med_gallery_6300_24_1158865.jpg

med_gallery_6300_24_154265.jpg

med_gallery_6300_24_153784.jpg

med_gallery_6300_24_179934.jpg

med_gallery_6300_24_127683.jpg

I didn't go too low but just enough to make it look right!!!!! :) and in my eyes it does! :P

I Have noticed a gain in power as well since having the coilovers fitted! Think this may be down to the fact that one of the rear standard coilovers was leaking and wasn't getting the power down to the road as it was bouncing all over the place?!?!?!?

It handles alot better now and actually goes round corners like on rails, next on the list is a front strut brace (hopefully in carbon) and hotchkis ARB's. :)

EDFC unit molded into lower Altezza tray, almost looks like it was there when i bought the car!

med_gallery_6300_24_1364794.jpg

Loving very nice indeed mate, but of course it would look better if you modded the Radio Facia too :winky:

BTW what is the silver thing below the EDFC & also where is your ashtray ?

Loving very nice indeed mate, but of course it would look better if you modded the Radio Facia too :winky:

BTW what is the silver thing below the EDFC & also where is your ashtray ?

i knew you would ask all those questions!!!!!

1. will get the facia modded when i get a chance

2. ash tray was out as i was wiring the illumination from the edfc unit to it, is now back in.

3. the other silver thing underneath is the Gain control for the leagacy amp, not yet installed!!!

Happy now!!!!! :P

3. the other silver thing underneath is the Gain control for the legacy amp.....

Yuk :sick:

Car looks very nice in 'the low'

Wozza you elitist :tsktsk: :whistling:

yep rear looks right, just a tiny bit more on the front.. looking good Jase.

3. the other silver thing underneath is the Gain control for the legacy amp.....

Yuk :sick:

Car looks very nice in 'the low'

Wozza you elitist :tsktsk: :whistling:

yep rear looks right, just a tiny bit more on the front.. looking good Jase.

Its currently level all round, if i lower it more at the front then im worried that it will mash up the front when it goes on???? I might leave it as is and maybe go lower all round when i get used to this level, anyone else think the front should be lower???

new bumper is still being worked on and will take some time but hopefully have it done in a few months, im currently doing about 7-8 side projects, including building a car from scratch so it has taken a back burner for a bit!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links