Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

08 Models Any Changes Since 06?

i have an 06, had a 08 yesterday, the first thing i noticed is that the doors lock once you set off.

didnt notice anything else apart from i have a deisel manual and after having a petrol auto i realised what a mistake i made.

• 1 month later...

i noticed the auto locking doors too. the traction control off light is different and the boot and petrol cap release are now side by side rather than one on top and one at the bottom???

other than that, the steering was slightly stiffer on the 08 curtesy car i had today! (mine is a 55)

There is also a change in the pockets on back of the front seats they are dished to make more leg room in the back seats. What should be addressed is the final drive gear ratio, while I do not find this too much of a problem there are many who do. At the end of the day I guess this would mean a costly investment to correct. Merv

Another change should be :

Motorway Indicators ( one push flashes x times)

Driver information system where you can customise settings for example auto locking, coming/leaving home lights, motorway indicator flash times, interior light delay etc...that would complete my lexus!!

Another change should be :

Motorway Indicators ( one push flashes x times)

Driver information system where you can customise settings for example auto locking, coming/leaving home lights, motorway indicator flash times, interior light delay etc...that would complete my lexus!!

Easy peasy. Buy a BMW, you get all of those things if you have iDrive. The sheer lack of Personalisation/customer customisation is shocking for a so called Luxury marque.

It's one area where Lexus have lost the plot. Even little things like "Low Fuel" warning. In the Lexus all you get a is a discreet yellow light, nothing else, and believe me when I tell you with the music on loud, you can miss hearing it/seeing it and find yourself running on vapour until you can get off a gridlocked motorway!

From memory:

Sept 2006 (07MY) = Side by side/lit Fuel/Boot release, Velvet black

Sept 2007 (08MY) = new slimmer front seat backs, auto locks, renamed the white

I wonder what the 2009 one will get...maybe a cleaner V6 engine? That's what it needs, especially now that the new purchase Tax and VED rates are about to hit! Hopefully a new Diesel, or may be lithium celled hybrid and small motor so you can still put your shopping somewhere....that would be cool!

The final drive issue could be corrected, just go with the Sport one which I reckon would be better for UK roads. The only issue is Emissions, which are higher in the Sport, so it's a tuffy!

Can drive-away door locking not be activated by the dealer? I noticed there are some settings that can be tweaked, but sadly not by the owner.

Other things I'd like to see on the 09 version-

-split fold rear seats

-a sport-cross version

-a UK IS350, or a hybrid

-a 6 cyl diesel auto

-keyless entry from the back doors

Can drive-away door locking not be activated by the dealer? I noticed there are some settings that can be tweaked, but sadly not by the owner.

Other things I'd like to see on the 09 version-

-split fold rear seats

-a sport-cross version

-a UK IS350, or a hybrid

-a 6 cyl diesel auto

-keyless entry from the back doors

Nope, just been told that older cars can't be set for drive-away locking.

A front page news item today on http://thepassionatepursuit.com/ Bear in mind this relates to the US.

A number of details on the 2009 Lexus IS have been released by Lexus in the latest issue of their magazine.

New Grille

New front & rear bumpers

Integrated turn signals in the door mirrors

Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management(VDIM) now standard on the IS 250

New color: Truffle Mica

Discontinued color: Desert Sage Metallic

New woodgrain trim: Dark grey bird's eye maple

Discontinued woodgrain trim: Auburn bird's eye maple

New 17" & 18" wheels

Wallet Smart Key standard on IS 350, optional on IS 250

As I said, bear in mind that this relates to the US.

I know it won't - but I wish it meant that we were getting the IS350....

Those are interesting changes, I'd assume most of those would apply to the UK as well. The wallet smart key sounds interesting, does that mean they've finally made the credit card type key that Mercs have that can just sit in your wallet?

If it's just for the 350 though and optional on the 250, there's a good chance that it won't make it over here at all.................

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links