Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

S250 Rear View Mirror Vibration

My 2007 IS250 SE-L's rear view mirror would not auto dip fully resulting in the need to push it out of the way

when following car's headlights were dazzling.

Lexus Hull changed it under warranty but now it vibrates on anything but smooth roads.

The after sales service manager drove it back to back with another IS250 and told me there was

no difference. I know the diesels had this problem but has anybody else had this on the petrol versions.

Lexus will order another for me if I'm not happy but there is little point if the new one will do the same thing.

The last time I had this problem was 30 years ago and the car had Morris Marina written on the back.

( We all make mistakes )

My 2007 IS250 SE-L's rear view mirror would not auto dip fully resulting in the need to push it out of the way

Lexus Hull changed it under warranty but now it vibrates on anything but smooth roads.

The after sales service manager drove it back to back with another IS250 and told me there was

no difference. I know the diesels had this problem but has anybody else had this on the petrol versions.

Lexus will order another for me if I'm not happy but there is little point if the new one will do the same thing.

The last time I had this problem was 30 years ago and the car had Morris Marina written on the back.

( We all make mistakes )

Never had a problem on my 250 SE-L, but noticed the vibration of the mirror immediately on the 220D courtesy car the dealership loaned me. I'm presuming the sensor on the rear view mirror also dims the door mirrors, or do these work independently? With my tints I don't really notice anyway. :huh:

( We all make mistakes )

Mine Viberates when heavy bass on the superb sound system ?

"Hey" don't mock the Marina - I had two Marina 1.8 estates back to back - happy days !

Did have the traditional shaky mirror on my 220 which got changed by Lexus Edinburgh no problem, it is now totally shake free no matter how loud you play the music..

Had a 250 SE a few weeks back and noticed that it suffered from Vibrating mirror when music was played loud...

So now we have a plus point of the Diesel over Petrol.... :) Don't all rush at once to the showroom lol

• 3 weeks later...

I too, am having problems with a "vibrating" rear view mirror, in fact Lexus have now changed it 3 times but the problem continues.

I get vibration at just over 1000 revs and in four, fifth and sixth gears and I get a massive amount of vibration when I turn up the music.

The Lexus service manager stated that I should turn down the music when I am driving, hey why should I? I bought the car to enjoy all aspects of it which includes me playing music loud if I want!!

He also stated that mine is an isolated problem with only 1 other customer complaining about it.

I decided to phone around other dealers, who did inform me that it is a big problem that Lexus do know about as they have had several customers complaining about it.

The same dealer also informed me about Lexus customer service who should help.... wrong!!

I called them today and spoke to an adviser who said he was un-aware of any problem, weird that!! I also told him that I thought that it was a major hazard on the car making the car unsafe to drive, he told me that was only my opinion.

WOW, how unhelpful, I suppose they won`t be laughing soon when I throw the keys back at them, I`ve only had the car 22 days.

So far I have found Lexus very unhelpful and I am not happy at all..

Mine doesn't visably viberate but under certain conditions rattles, sounding like a rattle in the passenger door panel, a quick squeeze on the left hand side of the mirror stops it for a while. It sounds like the glass or something inside is rattling and I can't see how the mirror is held together to tighten it up.

Will be complaining about the mirror when I get time, the windscreen needs changing when it goes in due to a stone chip about 10mm from the screen edge above the mirror causing a 8 inch crack running behind the mirror so I can't see it from inside. I am also getting a little noise round the driver seat when accelerating and braking, going round corners, sounds like something swinging and hitting, not loud but it started a few weeks ago.

Mine doesn't visably viberate but under certain conditions rattles, sounding like a rattle in the passenger door panel, a quick squeeze on the left hand side of the mirror stops it for a while. It sounds like the glass or something inside is rattling and I can't see how the mirror is held together to tighten it up.

got the same issue here...like u say its not constant. still annoying tho

I too, am having problems with a "vibrating" rear view mirror, in fact Lexus have now changed it 3 times but the problem continues.

I get vibration at just over 1000 revs and in four, fifth and sixth gears and I get a massive amount of vibration when I turn up the music.

The Lexus service manager stated that I should turn down the music when I am driving, hey why should I? I bought the car to enjoy all aspects of it which includes me playing music loud if I want!!

He also stated that mine is an isolated problem with only 1 other customer complaining about it.

I decided to phone around other dealers, who did inform me that it is a big problem that Lexus do know about as they have had several customers complaining about it.

The same dealer also informed me about Lexus customer service who should help.... wrong!!

I called them today and spoke to an adviser who said he was un-aware of any problem, weird that!! I also told him that I thought that it was a major hazard on the car making the car unsafe to drive, he told me that was only my opinion.

WOW, how unhelpful, I suppose they won`t be laughing soon when I throw the keys back at them, I`ve only had the car 22 days.

So far I have found Lexus very unhelpful and I am not happy at all..

Which dealership was that ?

I drive the 220d and my mirror was loose and was replaced. Much better than before, there is no movement of the mirror (used to have a little bit of a wobble), but still vibrates. Test drove the I250, its so different, no vibrations!

After carefully splitting open the mirror using a flat trim tool I found two wires which could have caused a rattle and a circuit board. I wrapped cloth tape round the wires and put a little extra foam to cushion the circuit board and the rattle has stopped ( touch wood). Sorry no pictures.

After carefully splitting open the mirror using a flat trim tool I found two wires which could have caused a rattle and a circuit board. I wrapped cloth tape round the wires and put a little extra foam to cushion the circuit board and the rattle has stopped ( touch wood). Sorry no pictures.

i got this annoying vibration too. on rough road surface it just starts buzzing. if i press in the wire or something from the back it stops until i let go and it comes straight back.

when you say you split open the mirror using a flat trim tool, can you explain it a bit further? did you actually take the mirror out of the main housing? if so how is it actually attached to the main unit? clips?

thanks

If you feel round the plastic case you will find the seam where the two halves are joined, inside this seam are 6 clips that need to be pressed in to spring apart the case. These clips are delicate and will break if too much pressure is used. The flat trim tool helps apply even pressure so the outside of the case is not marked. The using another tool to press in the clips while keeping the case apart with the larger tool does the trick.

Anyway the point is the mirror has a design fault causing the internals to rattle under certain conditions and should be redesigned and replaced under warranty.

• 2 weeks later...

got the same issue here...like u say its not constant. still annoying tho

lex birmingham changed the r.v mirror and that rattle has stopped. but now it vibrates when i play my music at a decent level using the MM!!! will get themto have a look at it when i take it in next

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links