Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Estimated Date Of Is250 Facelift?

thanks for this link - revised 3 looks slightly like proposed new 5 series.

I do not think is250/is220 needs a facelift before it is replaced, as looks are terrific. However, it would benefit if lex (a) offered BMW-style more power/same mpg or (B) more mpg or © a more powerful and reliable diesel, such as a 3.0d like bmw's

thanks for this link - revised 3 looks slightly like proposed new 5 series.

I do not think is250/is220 needs a facelift before it is replaced, as looks are terrific. However, it would benefit if lex (a) offered BMW-style more power/same mpg or (B) more mpg or © a more powerful and reliable diesel, such as a 3.0d like bmw's

Hi, I love my IS250 but also find it underpowered on the getaway. I had a 330i 2004 model BM and loved it but did not like the dreary interior of the new BM so my next s=choice was Mercedes 280c or Lexus IS250 as we can not get the IS350 here, what a pity as i do not think it will be that much lighter on fuel as a 250. My 330 was lighter on fuel than my wifes 320i but nothing beats the 330d for pure power and torque plus very light on fuel my friend gets about 1,000 Kms on 63 liters and thats averaging 140KPH on the open road and plenty of hills. Fantastic motor the 330d. would be great to have a 330i or 330d motor in a Lexus body. But would first like to try the IS350.

• 1 month later...

According to Japanese Autoweek the face-lift will be in 2009 & the fotos look stunning:see Passionate Pursuit of Lexus Web-Site.

Tel

According to Japanese Autoweek the face-lift will be in 2009 & the fotos look stunning:see Passionate Pursuit of Lexus Web-Site.

Tel

2009 face lifted IS will reach dealers September THIS year:

Related Post

I presume the IS-F and possibly the facelifted 3-series is at the current British Motor Show in London? Have you been - any tips what to take or wear for instance? You need a good strong (plastic) bag to carry all those free brochures!

My to-do list for Lexus for the 09 model;

- split fold rear seats

- 3.5l engine or 250 hybrid

- steering mods to give a bit more feel

- double glazed side windows

- better looking clock/airbag light panel

- full heated front screen

- keyless lock/unlock on rear doors too

- rearrangement of auto gearshift- ect pwr mode accessible from the gate (instead of buried behind the wheel on a switch), and paddles active whenever pulled.

- proper iPod interface

• 2 weeks later...
I alway like the 3 and 5 series, but to get the amount of toys like we do on the Lexus, it will mean i cant afford the 3 series....so Lexus all thw way for me atm...

I agree, plus finding a used car with the spec you want = headache

- split fold rear seats

- rearrangement of auto gearshift- ect pwr mode accessible from the gate (instead of buried behind the wheel on a switch), and paddles active whenever pulled.

- proper iPod interface

Well it looks like its actually getting:

-New Grille

-New front & rear bumpers

-Integrated turn signals in the door mirrors

-Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management(VDIM) now standard on the IS 250

-New color: Truffle Mica

-Discontinued color: Desert Sage Metallic (or whatever the UK description is ?)

-New woodgrain trim: Dark grey bird's eye maple

-Discontinued woodgrain trim: Auburn bird's eye maple

-New 17" & 18" wheels

-Wallet Smart Key standard on IS 350, optional on IS 250 (so USA market only for the standard option)

- split fold rear seats

- proper iPod interface

Well it looks like its actually getting:

-New Grille

-New front & rear bumpers

-Integrated turn signals in the door mirrors

-Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management(VDIM) now standard on the IS 250

-New color: Truffle Mica

-Discontinued color: Desert Sage Metallic (or whatever the UK description is ?)

-New woodgrain trim: Dark grey bird's eye maple

-Discontinued woodgrain trim: Auburn bird's eye maple

-New 17" & 18" wheels

-Wallet Smart Key standard on IS 350, optional on IS 250 (so USA market only for the standard option)

Sounds all cosmetic - anythig under the skin, Sat Nav nannies, suspension/roadnoise improvements?

Sounds all cosmetic - anythig under the skin, Sat Nav nannies, suspension/roadnoise improvements?

Hello Mr. Beemer...thought you'd left? Withdrawal symptoms already? :lol: Got a nice slightly modded IS250 SE-L you can have reasonably cheap..

Hello Mr. Beemer...thought you'd left? Withdrawal symptoms already? :lol: Got a nice slightly modded IS250 SE-L you can have reasonably cheap..

You selling your Tango? :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Cheers - I'll take a pass on that one...loving my new motor a tad too much to miss the IS...still on Honeymoon...

This forum has always been - and will remain - an interesting place to visit. Largely thanks to the majority who are nice guys...like yourself!

This forum has always been - and will remain - an interesting place to visit. Largely thanks to the majority who are nice guys...like yourself!

I'll still not let you out at junctions though :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The IS upgrade will not make the current IS model look outdated. All BMW3 owners must be disappointed that the hitler-style tasher (straight bonnet lip) will be replaced with something that makes the front of the car look a little better - Joe Soap will have no problem spotting new versus the old.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links