Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fao Budding Camera People....

Hello there, just after a bit of guidance please as i have very limited knowledge on the subject of cameras.

Anyway...its my dads birthday soon in a couple of weeks time and i know hes after a digital camera, so me and my mum are going to suprise him.

Wanting to get him a digital SLR, one with a decent optical zoom, but at the VERY most wanting to spend £250, is this possible? im not sure which ones are good, which ones are crap.

any advice welcome.....

cheers

Dan

EDIT - forgot to mention, i'm not necessarily after one with interchangeable lenses etc, more a basic point and shoot camera

Hello there, just after a bit of guidance please as i have very limited knowledge on the subject of cameras.

Anyway...its my dads birthday soon in a couple of weeks time and i know hes after a digital camera, so me and my mum are going to suprise him.

Wanting to get him a digital SLR, one with a decent optical zoom, but at the VERY most wanting to spend £250, is this possible? im not sure which ones are good, which ones are crap.

any advice welcome.....

cheers

Dan

EDIT - forgot to mention, i'm not necessarily after one with interchangeable lenses etc, more a basic point and shoot camera

Hi Dan - you have confused me somewhat. A digital SLR will normally have interchangeable lenses. I don't know of any new one for that sort of price, but you should be able to get a decent second hand one.

If you don't need interchangeable lenses then you need to look at bridge cameras or compact cameras. Fraid I cannot give you any direct info in this area - I only use SLRs , but there are some good review sites. This one is among the best http://www.dpreview.com/.

The other place you might like to try is the Amateur Photographer forums at http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/. People there are very helpful. Go to the Forums.

I've always found the Fuji FinePix s9600 pretty good as its the one i've used for a while now and its never let me down, I'm not a pro but do like something that works and its been great so far and i paid £249 for it brand new just over a year ago from Argos,

<<<< Thats 1 of my pics taken with it on the left :)

It has a good optical and digital zoom, can use two different card formats XD and Compact Flash , 28-300mm lense equiv to a 35mm camera the video mode on it is very good with sound plus its got a good sized view finder/screen which can be tilted for overhead shots or flipped up for low level pic's and loads of other things to play with but wont bore you :lol: As you can tell i like it and it does what it says on the tin as they say :D

I've had 4 Fuji's now and everyone has been good for the money and i still use 3 of them and the oldest one i have is 7 years old and still works fine so been quite happy with the quality of them so far and the next one i buy will be a fuji DSLR when i can afford one :D

This is it matey CLICK ME :D

i had a fuji s602z that was a very good camera but just bought a sony alaph a200 very good camera bit more then you want to pay but its the best one i have ever used and can do so much with it as a lot of stuff fits it dont know how much they are but the sony alaph a100 are pretty much the same just lower mp and has a bit less on it but still can change all the lens

thanks for your responses guys, after doing a bit more research ive realised its a 'bridge' camera were after. looking at reviews and what have you, the Sony Cybershot DSC-H7 seems to be quite reasonable, but there are just so many to choose from!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links