Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Paint Touch Up Kits

Hey guys, got some spare time at the weekend and was wanting to touch up a few scratchs/schips around my car does anybody know where you can get the little touch up kits from think Halfrauds do them but are they a good match? Think I've got granite sky its the gunmetal gray thats a but speckley, also a link to paint codes would be awesome.

Cheers :winky:

I believe there are official Lexus ones available from the dealer. Sewells in the States do them so I assume any Lexus dealer does. Halfords don't do them for Lexus, they do Toyota colours so if you can find your colour in Toyoya speak (probably just called silver rather than some fancy name :lol: ) then you might strike it lucky.

i bought a platinum ice touch up kit from lexus and it was terrible!!

actually highlights the chips more than before!!

its so true that you cant 'paint' metallic paint..

On sewells website is the is200 called a is300 as theres no is200?

The yanks probably didn't get the IS200 then if it isn't on the site.

The yanks probably didn't get the IS200 then if it isn't on the site.

They only have the IS300 and the colours are usually described differently, but the paint code is the same e.g. my IS250 in UKspeak is 'Cadoxton Slate', but on the other side of the pond it's 'Smoky Granite Mica', but the code is still '1G0'. I've got touch up kits from Lexus for 1G0 and 6Q7 (for my Kensington Green 200) but as they're both metallic colours the touch up aren't a perfect match...still better than the primer showing through though :whistling:

your better off with the genuine touch-up stick

you can get it from either lexus or toyota, if your car is granite sky then you will need part number PZ448-S1C60-09

A quick tip when touching up the Platinum ICE (1CO) or any light colour cars.

1. Use a bright white as a BASE , put a small amount of this in the chip first!

(When you spray a car you use a white base coat alot of the time! this is whjy some touch-ups stand out and seem alot darker than ur paint!)

2. When dry then put a light coat of the paint on.

(make sure it is a ligh coat or it can stick out above your paint work!)

3. use the laquer (sometimes proivided) to finish the job.

4. If you have the use of a power mop! you can also lightly 2000 wet and dry the painted chip area to flat it down a bit (with a bit of water for lubricant!) and then power polish it back up!

I find the best match is found at your local Toyota dealer, and to go buy a small Artist brush, cut most of the bristles away (so your left with about 5-10) and then pour a small about of paint into a old bottle lid! this way you can control the amount of paint applied to the chip!

Tom.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links