Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leather Seats Cracking/sagging?

I have a crease in the side bolster (nearest to the door) of the drivers seat

I have a crease there too. Not noticed any sagging or cracking yet though.

Luckily for him, Geoffers hasn't let me drive his car yet :o

A good quality leather cleaner/conditioner treatment like Gliptone will help protect & restore the Leather,

but as each animal is slightly different, sometimes you get an odd hide that wears a certain way.

The seat part went on mine - it looked like i had been sitting on a dinner plate. The dealer changed it no bother - they replaced the leather - not the seat and, to be honest, you can tell it has been done. It may or may not be connected but I also do not find the seat at all comfortable. I know it depends on size/shape etc etc but the bottom line (ha ha) is that I cannot find a comfortable position.

If anything pushes me to get rid of this car it will be that issue.

Yes Gliptone is a very good product and it smells like leather it can be bought on line at www.cleanyourcar.com

I ordered some at lunchtime yesterday from cleanyourcar.co.uk and it arrived 30 minutes ago. Very good service IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...

The point of leather is it's supposed to last. But the downside is you have to clean and moisturise it every six months. It is just animal skin after all.

These days I would have thought that modern materials were just as durable.

• 3 weeks later...
My first IS250 suffered from seat sag (I am 16stone but that shouldn't matter!) and I suspect the same will happen with my new car sometime fairly soon.

I have had sagging seats replaced in an LS, GS and now RX - I am 15 stone. Wonder if they test te seats with larger boned folks in Japan??!! :D

I have a crease in the side bolster (nearest to the door) of the drivers seat

I have a crease there too. Not noticed any sagging or cracking yet though.

Luckily for him, Geoffers hasn't let me drive his car yet :o

A good quality leather cleaner/conditioner treatment like Gliptone will help protect & restore the Leather,

but as each animal is slightly different, sometimes you get an odd hide that wears a certain way.

aspromised brett wh ite 02083021089 or 07850850353 leather connollising done all mine 80 pounds be lucky

• 4 weeks later...

Normal Leather covers can take about 60,000 "hits" before it wears through. The best Cloths can take about 30,000. This is as quoted by a re-upholsterer in Ilkeston.

Leather is bound to crease and crack...the problem here is the sagging which may be stretching the leather and causing premature failure. Mine was like that from about 6 months old - you could feel something at the base squab which you were sat on...something like a metal saucer. It was like that in the Base model without Leather too which I had as a courtesy car.

Mine was cracking on the lower part of the seat squab (around th edge/sides) - I noticed this when I was hoovering it before PEX. What I think it needs is a bit more foam in the seat squab. The seats don't at all feel "sprung" as they do in most german cars. You can definitley feel at times that you are sinking into the lexus IS and GS front seats. It's similar in an Avensis with leather seats too.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links