Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Will 17 X 8 With 40mm Offset Fit?

javadude

My wife has agreed to me getting some new bigger (17") alloys :D but the ones I'd decided on (with some help from you guys) are League Tantrums. I've just found out that the nearest fitment they do is 17 x 8 with a 40 mm offset. The standard 17" wheel fitment for an IS is 17 x 7 with 45 mm offset. :blink::sad:

Will the 5 mm offset difference be a problem?

When combined with the extra width (8") will I get any rubbing etc?

Hmmmm I've decided I'd be happier with an exact match to the spec of the standard 17" wheels even if they would be ok-ish.

So I've gone for a different wheel. It took a while to find something suitable - eg exact spec, that I like and most importantly pretty cheap!

Hmmmm I've decided I'd be happier with an exact match to the spec of the standard 17" wheels even if they would be ok-ish.

So I've gone for a different wheel. It took a while to find something suitable - eg exact spec, that I like and most importantly pretty cheap!

Hi Javadude,

The OZ Hydra's I'm looking at have a 48mm offset (45mm being the IS standard), but I don't know how significant that is. What did you learn about the sensitivity of the offset value?

Also, what wheels did you choose instead? :)

Thanks,

Nige

35mm will rub rear wheel arch

40mm will fit

45mm will fit

with standard ride height

all with 8" width

Thanks Bazza. I found somewhere that could supply Kosei Sniper wheels though which were my first choice a while back. Found they are an exact match for the spec of the standard 17 wheels, look cool and are a reasonable price...

kosei-sniper.jpg

Nice choice Javadudewill look sweet.......

.....by the way, if you are still in deciding mode, be carefull of League alloys...especially the Hyper Black finish....they have had to recall a load of stock, the finish has been flaking off the wheels in their range. They are not fantastic quality!!

Defo stick with the Kosei's!!!! B)

Thanks Bazza. I found somewhere that could supply Kosei Sniper wheels though which were my first choice a while back. Found they are an exact match for the spec of the standard 17 wheels, look cool and are a reasonable price...

they look gorgeous

go for it

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links