Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Mad Is F

I know its's a different type of car, but with the amount of money an M3/IS-F/RS4/AMG C63 costs you just can't ignore the GTR - I think thats the car I'd have and I don't care about the badge - GTR says it all for me :D

I know its's a different type of car, but with the amount of money an M3/IS-F/RS4/AMG C63 costs you just can't ignore the GTR - I think thats the car I'd have and I don't care about the badge - GTR says it all for me :D

i would say yes.but not having the amount of money is a bit of a problem lol

The F series is brand extension! They want a range topping uber hot car, so the rep driving his IS220d feels some affinity with the IS-F. "It's got the same door handles as the IS-F!!!", he may boast when making the link between his IS220d and the IS-F.

The net effect is that clever marketing of the IS-F pushes sales across the entire IS range up and up, just in the same way the M3, RS4 and C63 AMG have done it. That's what Lexus HOPE. Whether it happens is another story, especially here in Europe, where car buyers are badge snobs.

This article below is a fascinating read, and for those of you that are not fanatical maniacs about the Lexus brand, you might actually enjoy the points raised.

For those of you who believe that no other brand of car exists apart from Lexus, reading is optional. :shutit:

Lexus F series brand extension might not work out

P.S I'd like to see them make a LS-F! Now that would be fun to witness..

I wouldn't buy one. I find the IS claustrophobic. If a GS version was introduced and it was of a good enough standard/price I would seriously consider buying one.....if I had a little more wealth than currently.

However, for the type of money that they would probably cost I think the market would have to be very carefully researched.

I wouldn't buy one. I find the IS claustrophobic. If a GS version was introduced and it was of a good enough standard/price I would seriously consider buying one.....if I had a little more wealth than currently.

However, for the type of money that they would probably cost I think the market would have to be very carefully researched.

I agree with Dave,the GS would have been a better car to take on the M3 and Mercedes,but the Nissan for me is streets ahead.The IS F has all that, but is to small,and to live with it on a daily bases is a big no no B)

i have to say i love the ISF.. its really nice... but to me it just doesnt differentiate itself enough from other IS's... not to say thats a bad thing... just for an extra £20k i would expect more than 2 extra exhaust tips.. a new wing and bonnet bulge..

for me the E46 M3 always stood out head and shoulders above a E46 330ci, you immidiately notice its muscular presence... not so so much with the IS-F...

i would consider it on the second hand market though..when its dropped to the £25k mark.. but by then i will more likely be poking around for a GS460 as i dont think i could go back to a smaller car.

but if it was my £50k... there would be no choice.. the GTR... that will hold its money for a good while.. and BHP per quid.. its friggin awsome..

just my opinions tho

Their is no argument that it is an amazing car. Thought the obvious choice would be the GTR, as an only car, say, an everyday driver, I would be temped back to the F.

Back to the real world, I was looking at a Skyline/Evo (even S2000) before my Lexus cropped up at a steal. Big power is good, but now I have my IS, I prefer it as a daily cruiser than I would a hard-edged Evo, for example. My best friend has a brand new WRX Scoob (the last of the saloons, that is). The cabin is just not as nicer place to be as my car, plasticy and cheap. I like the luxury feel and quality soundproofing. Thats on a car that is 8 years newer too! Though quick (10% quicker than mine, I'd say) and with a tremendous 4WD system, very planted, and on ProDrive suspenson, the ride comfort is nothing compared with my Tein setup on the Lexus

One of the only cars that could even temp me out of my Lex (and is potentially affordable at some point) is the E46 M3. Same levels of Luxury, just a few more horsies.

The same kind of principals would apply if I had 5-10 times the budget I think.

I may well still be on this forum in 10 years time, looking for ideas on modding my IS-F!

I totally agree with what 84Stoney is saying, and that's exactly why I don't think the IS-F and GT-R go together at all.............

Although, I still think these cars have pushed too far up on price, not just the IS-F, the M3 and others too. I'm not sure I'd want to pay £50k for an IS-F when a one year old M5 is probably the same price and that's just a whole other level of performance.........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links