Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Parking Sensors Not Great

Twice they've caught me out when driving front ways into a parking space.

On one occasion I waited until it was only one yellow bar that was displayed but it actually touched the plates of the car in front.

I know the back sensors can be changed for distance to alert but it seems silly the front ones can't when you can't actually see over the bonnet.

Doesn't make sense.

I'm sure my sensors weren't like this at the beginning ???

I've mentioned this before when I had an IS250 SE-L as a courtesy car but I found that the sensors don't do much when you head straight forward at an object - as they're on the corners of the front bumper they only really prevent you scraping the car in front when steering out of a parking space...........it's all you need really, but you need to be aware that they don't work head on.

How did we manage before these were invented. They should be used ONLY as a rough guide. Your own judgement should be more reliable once you adjust to the car.

Can,t recall any on my first car, 1960 Triumph Herald, in fact I can,t recall having any bells or whistles just the basics shows how far cars have evolved. It would be unheard off to have a car today without even a heater which was probably one of the first accessories. lol - Merv

bit of a girly parking aid in ny opion. :driving:

Maybe so, but in my ideal world every car would have front and rear parking sensors as standard fit............a few months ago someone put a small scrape on the corner of my rear bumper which would have been avoided had he/she had parking sensors..........worst part is its not the first time either :crybaby:

Moan all you want about how "it wasn't like that in my day" but people nowadays just can't drive as well as they used to :)

I don't rely on mine any more. First time I used them my front number plate nudged my sons pride and joy and pushed his bumper in.

They are more effective for potential side collisions, maybe they should be renamed side sensors.

They can be affected by rain,polish,dirt and for a lot of the useless twerps driving nowadays they would probably still nudge you even if they had a continuous "eye" running all around their car. Hey! We all make errors sometimes when driving but some of these people should not be called drivers.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links