Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My car is currently in for its 5th injector recall being fixed so I've got a courtesy car.

Now I thought they'd lend me something to "aspire" to, but no, it's a base 220d and it is truly awful. If I'd driven this spec on my test drive I would most certainly have gone elsewhere.

It might be that I've been spoilt by having the SE and MM but inside this thing is not a nice place to be IMO.

The car is dark blue with the black cloth interior - it's like sitting inside the black hole of Calcutta, very drab. The standard stereo is not even as good as that in my wife's Focus.

Just waiting for them to phone me to let me know it's ready for collection - soon I hope...

Yep coated leather and picture in the middle of the dash make a big difference.

I have a base 220d in silver with black interior and find it great, but then again I have always like the black interior, some like grey which I think is awful others like cream which I think looks good in certain cars.

Wife has a 325d M sport which wipes the floor wife the IS but that does have a bland interior....

Each to there own.

you can't be a snob if you live in leeds,eckeethump. :lol::lol::lol:

That's a bit rich coming from a midlander!

Lol, surely all you northerners don't know what real quality is anyway! :P

Saw a base model for the first time today at the dealers, and gotta agree about the cloth seats, they really are quite horrible - why is the fabric in the centre section of the seat so shiny?

I originally wanted the base 220d with MM back in Dec 2005, and after one test drive/close look decided to spend the extra £3k odd to get the leather and lumbar support (but of course it had the bigger wheels, vented seats etc). Just wish I'd gone for the 250 Auto instead then - I might still have a Lexus if I had...

Without the MM system the centre console looks all so confusing and as some have stated previously a bit like a late 1980's Microwave or Technics HiFi, IYKWIM!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links