Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Northern Meet

Chris.S

I must say this and I hope you all take it the right way.

I've been a member of a one make car club for the last 12 years. Not namin them but the second part of my name on here is a big clue. I love those cars with a passion and have done ever since my dad brought one home when I was just an ickle boy. I've fixed em, restored em, broke em, rebuilt the wonderful V8 in em for people and made a part time living from them [and even learn't to spell "them" correctly] but whenever I go to a club meet, the noses seem to be held very high. The majority of them wont look at my car cos its modified and they consider it sacriledge. The icing on the cake is when they hear the Liverpool accent and scatter off to lock there wheeltrims on.

Sunday. I must admit, I expected pretty much the same reaction from you guys cos after all, im representing the other end of Lexie ownership with my bad panel fit and Stevie wonder paint job, not to mention my wonderful rear window sticker. It was nice to be proved wrong. Next time I wont book the damaged wheel and stay all day.

Thanx again guys. :D

By the way Matt, Its paul

Northern_meet.sized.jpg

gentlemen in the middle, wearing Ronnie Corbetts school pants is wildernes (Matt W)

chap to his left is Geoffers

Duncan is just stepping into the fame on the right hand side, and there is Zee doing his Quasimodo impression.

Never caught the guys name in the middle of this group of five :blush: - please introduce yourself now?

:blush:

The chap in the middle would be my slim :unsure: self

Paul - we didn't get chance to speak ..... and I never saw that Red Carpet!!!! So I followed you around and made you take me back to the group just so you could hang around us a bit longer..... :blush: ..... Ooops - not really a dizzy woman .... much :D - glad you enjoyed the first meet - even if you didn't hang around too long - hope you'll be up for the main events too - JAPS is really good!!! Camping too - weekend in the sun (she hopes).

OK - sorry that I haven't posted since the meet on Sunday - been a mental few days...

Had a great time (as always) and it was great to meet yet more new faces. Cars as always looked fantastic:

Dunc - those 19's are............... :o

Sammy - I'm still recovering from the 0-90..... :whistling:

Loz - Nice car wash pal.... ;)

Geoffers - Your black looks nearly as shiney as Johnnys..... :D

Mat - Cheers for the alloy wax mate....... :yahoo:

Peter - The skyline just sounds amazing...... :blink:

And ALL you others - great to meet you all.............. :)

I have some cracking pictures of ALL the cars (including crackers of the skyline and NSX) and have finally posted them in the gallery....

Northern Meet Pictures

Till Sunday,

Zee. B)

New trainers, jeans, t-shirts, sweatshirts all round. The old plastic got melted big time on Sunday at Cheshire Oaks, after the meet. Thought her indoors and the bin-lids were a bit too keen to tag along!!

Can we not re-name outings like this a bit more covertly in future, to save myself & the bank manager from any further stress?

i.e. 'Group meeting at boring-industrial-estate-type area near Ellesmere Port to discuss automotive tips etc.'

That should throw them off the scent for a while.........

Good to get across for my first meet anyway. Agree with Paul (RR), friendly and informal atmosphere, and some very nice motors.

Was a bit dissapointed with the Lexus dealership though, what was the crack there?

I would have thought that the prospect of about 15 potential new customers lined-up outside their front door would of at least have warranted a max-pak brew to entice evrybody in..................

Regards,

Steve J.

just posted a few pics in gallery of northern meet,nice nsx,want one now :sick:

pity both of the dealers were closed,had my plastic and really wanted a new lexus :D

still,their loss my gain,a welcoming coffee and a bit of sales patter would not have come amiss,even better with choccy biccies,{lexus please note,major missed opportunity} still that aside good day was had by all.

P,S for loz,attempting to arrange surgery for brick removal :D :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk