Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Low Rolling Resistance Tyres To Become Compulsory

84Stoney

Followed a link from a WIM post to this site: http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/ then found this article:

Low Rolling Resistance Tyres to become compulsory

"As part of the European Union’s commitment to improving road safety, Low Rolling Resistance Tyres (LRRT) are to become obligatory from 2012. The fuel saving potential of using such rubber is 3%, the lower level of fuel consumption resulting from the reduction in the resistance to motion when a tyre rolls." Taken from tyre safe.

Lets see what happens to grip levels with the new breed of ultra hard tyres. It's great to know you'll be saving 3% of your fuel as you're sliding into a ditch...

This is a little worrying isn't it? I've heard the grip on these things is pants, and they seem to imply the same.

What i want to know is:

Will this be for new cars from 2012, or all tyres for all cars will only be available low resistance from 2012?

If it is the later, I'll start buying one tyre a month now and stock pile them in my garage!

So they're interested in road SAFETY and they want us all driving low rolling resistance tyres, even on sports and performance cars. Another clueless idea then, just like turning road tax into a dishonest green tax.

I'm not convinced they work anyway...much better if everyone monitored their tyre pressures more regularly. As for making run-flats mandatory on new cars...well that's another clueless idea. :angry:

Who runs the EU???? Have they even got driving licences???

Is it compulsory that when you get into a position that effects alot of people you become a complete numb nut!

I think it is one of the requirements in both British and EU political positions.

I can't see how they are saying its for road safety , low resistance tyres say what they are they aren't superior in grip which equates to safety in my book , the only benefit is a fuel saving ! how does that make it safer ? F*****g Idiots , yet again our once great nation being told what to do by the roll over and die Brussels sprouts .

We would save a lot more green house gasses if we just took all the politicians and shot them........!

Not only would we save the thousands of pounds they (Legally) thieve out of our pockets, we would also save all the air they waste in breathing and talking utter carp!

Just a thought...........

:)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links