Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bulbs

Just out of interest what type of bulbs are used in the headlights? Are they H4? After having a quick look at my car I'm guessing they arent H4 I think as main beam is seperate from dipped so whats what please? Also, with the HID kits, are they all only dipped? Is there any versions which have dipped and main beams? Think its called bi zenon?

Just out of interest what type of bulbs are used in the headlights? Are they H4? After having a quick look at my car I'm guessing they arent H4 I think as main beam is seperate from dipped so whats what please? Also, with the HID kits, are they all only dipped? Is there any versions which have dipped and main beams? Think its called bi zenon?

HB4 ( 9006 ) Dipped beam

HB3 ( 9005 ) High Beam

As for HID kits You really only need them for Dipped beam.... :winky:

Ahh so looks like I'll have to upgrade to some nice cool blue looking bulbs for main beam and the hid's will do for dipped. I'm more of a honda man myself so still got a lot to learn plus my car is still off the road til I get it repaired. Thanks for the help tho mate

Ahh so looks like I'll have to upgrade to some nice cool blue looking bulbs for main beam and the hid's will do for dipped. I'm more of a honda man myself so still got a lot to learn plus my car is still off the road til I get it repaired. Thanks for the help tho mate

No probs mate.....get some HIDs you will be amazed at how good they are when driving...

fogs are same as dipped beam HB4 then from 2003 the fogs changed to H3

full list courtesy of Aztecbandit

bulbs for IS200 99-

Dip Beam - 9006/HB4

Main Beam - 9005/HB3

Sidelight - 501w /T10/W5W

Side Turn - 501w /T10/W5W

Front Fog 99-2003 - 9006/HB4

Front Fog 2003- H3

Front Turn Indicator - T20 /7440/582

Rear High Mounted Stop Light - 955

Licence Plate - 501w /T10/W5W X 2

Rear Fog - T20 /7440/582

Reverse light - T20 /7440/582

Rear indicator - amber 582y/7440/T20

Stop/Tail - R580 /w21\5w

Interior Middle Dome - 269 /festoon 31mm

Interior Front - Ba9

Glove Box - R286 / 5mm

Ignition barrel ring - R286 / 5mm

Door Marker lights - 501w /T10/w5w

Boot Light - 501w /T10/w5w

• 3 months later...

sorry to revive this thread but seeing as the car should be going in for its repairs soon i'm thinking of ordering my HIDs when it goes in for its repairs but not sure if I should go for 6000k or 8000k.

Has anyone got any pics of their cars with the conversion please?

Which set will have more useable light? Am I right in guessing the 6000k? I've noticed that with a lot of the aftermarket bulbs that you get with the blue coating the dont work very well in wet weather as the water absorbs the light and its like the headlights arent even on. Will this happen with 6000k or more of a chance with 8000k due to the tinge of blue?

whats the quality like of them mate? I've noticed quite a few people refer to dianeshop off ebay so was thinking of getting them from there. not sure on the price differences tho off the top of my head

IMO they are just as good as any, some people may disagree but they do what theyr'e supposed to do, and come with a 2yr warranty.

Cool...the cars booked in for thursday so as soon as I know the repairs are going well then I'll order the HID's. Bit confused on the pricing though as at one point it stated it in dollars and it worked out silly cheap...about £20 but then later it showed it as £'s.

These ones from USA work out @ $85 which is £55, maybe a fiver cheaper than the ones i got

but add custom charges and the time it takes to arrive ( ive been waiting 2 weeks for item from USA ) and if anything goes

wrong with them, your paying postage again, just a thought.

I also used These for my main beam,

The colour is very close to the HID's. HID's = 6000k, these main beams = 6500k.

just got some of these thanks

will let you know how they are once fitted

Good stuff, you wont be disappointed mate.

Tommy

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links