Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Problems We Have With Keys!

Saraj

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for any body thats interested i have 2 second hand transponders for a 2 button key fully reprogramable FREE!! ,1 per person if it helps any1 out, i get them from work. I KNOW WHAT A BITCH IT IS HAVING 1 KEY!

yes please !

Just wanted to say big

THANK YOU to widnes_is200

for sorting out the transponders for us.

look forward to receiving it,

so thats sorted next, is a blank key case,

how much you reckon would it cost to get it cutted?

£10 round my way

whats this one all about?

key

I got 1 of these type with mine & works ok starts the car

is it just like the pic or lexus style?

that is a valet key no buttons on it u want a 2 button case off eBay about 7 quid

nice one mate, will be looking at one tonight after work. once thanks for sorting out the transponder

Bolton Lock and Key (think I got the name right) cut my blank blade and it fit fine by the way, they are in Westhoughton

I have a 2-button fob (with a 3rd hidden button?) spare, but I may get a shell and have that programmed too...

Bolton Lock and Key (think I got the name right) cut my blank blade and it fit fine by the way, they are in Westhoughton

I have a 2-button fob (with a 3rd hidden button?) spare, but I may get a shell and have that programmed too...

thanks for Rory, I live in Nelson, andwork in Preston, wont mind going to bolton to get it sorted If need t to, how much did they charge?

for any body thats interested i have 2 second hand transponders for a 2 button key fully reprogramable FREE!! ,1 per person if it helps any1 out, i get them from work. I KNOW WHAT A BITCH IT IS HAVING 1 KEY!

That is a very generous offer. No wonder they bit ure hand off!

Worth £20+ each.

both now gone will let u all know when i get more, "witch i will"

Where do ya get these from?

Sorry for being cheeky! but Id love a key if you can get one in the future! I have only the one key for mine.I phoned Lexus in Cardiff, they said if I bring in the log book I.D. and VIN. number........it would cost ''about '' 150 quid! The key I have is showing as only two buttons, but according to the manual I have, it shows a two button key as being a master key anyhow?! So I assume I should be able to get another coded from the one key I have!

Anyway! please bear me in mind if you do get some more! Cheers!

The key I have is showing as only two buttons, but according to the manual I have, it shows a two button key as being a master key anyhow?! So I assume I should be able to get another coded from the one key I have!

When you put the key into the ignition, does the security light immediately turn off ? Or does it come on/stay on briefly before going off ?

The key I have is showing as only two buttons, but according to the manual I have, it shows a two button key as being a master key anyhow?! So I assume I should be able to get another coded from the one key I have!

When you put the key into the ignition, does the security light immediately turn off ? Or does it come on/stay on briefly before going off ?

The car is at the moment getting a brake caliper put on! I will check when I get it back ! (I "think!" it comes on briefly though!) but I will post later today when the car comes back! Cheers!

I'm not sure that's definitively true. You can programme two-button keys as masters.

I thought the car came with three keys.

1. Master key - three button

2. Normal key - three button

3. Valet key - two button

meaning that it is possible to have a three button key that is not the master, as you say. You could have key 2 in my example.

Yeah thats what i thought aswell... cos at the moment only one of my 3 button keys works (which i assumed was the master key?) and the other 2 keys need batteries, just havent got round to it yet. :eerrrmm:

That is a very generous offer. No wonder they bit ure hand off!

Worth £20+ each.

Where do ya get these from?

now i cant say but what i will say is that if i didnt get them they would never be used and probably end up in the bin, they cost me nothing so im not making money on people if it helps them out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links