Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The Problems We Have With Keys!

Saraj

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key I have is showing as only two buttons, but according to the manual I have, it shows a two button key as being a master key anyhow?! So I assume I should be able to get another coded from the one key I have!

When you put the key into the ignition, does the security light immediately turn off ? Or does it come on/stay on briefly before going off ?

OK Ive just checked! This is what happens! When I open the door the security light is flashing (slowly) then when I put in the key the security light will stay on for maybe half a second?

The key I have is showing as only two buttons, but according to the manual I have, it shows a two button key as being a master key anyhow?! So I assume I should be able to get another coded from the one key I have!

When you put the key into the ignition, does the security light immediately turn off ? Or does it come on/stay on briefly before going off ?

OK Ive just checked! This is what happens! When I open the door the security light is flashing (slowly) then when I put in the key the security light will stay on for maybe half a second?

does it then come off immeditaly? got a feeling thats a spare key, not the master, as mine as soon as you put it in comes off immedialtly

Hmm, as Saraj said, that sounds like it's not a master key :nugget:

With a non-master, the security light comes on briefly and then goes out. With a master key, when you insert it into the ignition, the security light immediately goes out. At least, that's what it does on my IS200 and so far I've not had anyone contradict me on that.

You might want to see if you can get a Lexus dealer to confirm for you (hopefully for free since it'll only take them a few seconds) whether that's the case, since it's a rather expensive job (new ECU) if you want more keys and don't have a master.

Basically it looks like you're stuck with that key and won't be able to make duplicates :crybaby:

i've just got a two button key today programmed with the locks and immob. and cutted, so will test that out, and see if the light comes on, got a feeling that it will, cause you got to use the master in order to programme it.

• 4 months later...

• 3 weeks later...
both now gone will let u all know when i get more, "witch i will"

HI mate,

do you still have any more of those keys? I am really desperate as I have only one bloody key and it doesn't work properly. PM if you do.

i think there is a way of having more then 1 key on your car if u only have a valet key and no master, i was talking to stav about it awile ago and couldnt work out why but after reading this thread it is starting to make sence now - it will take a tiny amount of work but alot cheaper then replacing the ECU and stuff

There was someone on eBay selling the programming software for these cars, well actually it was a copy of the EEPROM in the car, you'd need to take it out and put it in a programmer but it would return it to factory so that you can program from scratch!

There was someone on eBay selling the programming software for these cars, well actually it was a copy of the EEPROM in the car, you'd need to take it out and put it in a programmer but it would return it to factory so that you can program from scratch!

wow that sounds like a much better option in my opinion, do you have more info on this?

Edit: just read it;

Apart from the tools required to remove the ECM from the vehicle, all you need is a good Serial EEPROM Programmer (like SeeProg) to read and write data to the relevant devices. These are inexpensive items (from around £30) and are the same items used within the Mileage Correction industry.

Interesting, does that mean you could technically "clock" the car as well? seems a bit dodgy.

Interesting, does that mean you could technically "clock" the car as well? seems a bit dodgy.

I'd imagine that would be a different chip but technically I don't see why not if the chip isn't encrypted!

Just had a quick nosey and apparantly IS200s are easy to clock mate, but also very easy to c0ck up in that the reading on the display will stay the same and won't go up - if anyone has a car with that problem and the trip milage goes up but the odometer doesn't - it's been clocked incorrectly!

Supposedly 30 minutes or less :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links