Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Mpg

I do 18 mile round trip to work....

Full tank is £65ish I get somewhere between 230 to 270 miles from the tank..... depending on traffic.

But I get more when schools are off....

mum's with 4x4 ban them all.... :devil:

Oh mine is a manual

• 2 weeks later...

First proper re-fuelling, about 55litres got me around 364miles (have mixed travel, motorway and local). That was using BP ultimate.

I've tanked up the same amount using V Power (Shell), reaching up to half the tank and have only done 164 (slaps head). Not sure what's going on but realised there's no point complaining about the costs/mpg cos it is a Lexus :) Far as I'm concerned, I have a sweet ride to and from work

I had 450 out of mine a couple of times but that was on runs.

Just for ref, on my 2.4D Volvo I've done 210 miles so far on a tank, it's hovering just above the halfway mark and the trip computer says another 250 miles until empty - 80% urban driving. So 400+ for urban, that's much more like it!

• 1 month later...

Been experimenting with different fuels, looks like V-Power is performing pretty good, have got 385 from full tank mixed travelling. Testing normal unleaded to see if that makes any difference at all in performance, bro said I shouldn't bother with V-Power...

• 3 weeks later...
Been experimenting with different fuels, looks like V-Power is performing pretty good, have got 385 from full tank mixed travelling. Testing normal unleaded to see if that makes any difference at all in performance, bro said I shouldn't bother with V-Power...

How did you get on with your comparison?

I've read someone on this forum about rebooting the ecu, can't remember where, to obtain full advantage of mods. I found that rebooting after fitting a K & N filter produced a more responsive engine than fitting the thing in the first place. So I thought, using the same logic, that rebooting after going superunleaded might be a good idea. I've tried it. I filled up with Tesco 99, put the ignition key out of the way in my pocket, removed the ecu and ects fuses for 2 minutes then put them back in. At first no difference at all but as the miles build up the engine seems to be more responsive and smoother. Before, under load at low revs, you could here a resonant boom from the exhaust. Now, no boom at all just a smooth pickup. All this could be my imagination so I would be interested to here from others who have tried it. All it costs is the extra cost of a tankful of superunleaded. Haven't got a clue about mpg yet.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links