Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat. Nav.

Want to be able to program my sat.nav while driving,(yes,I know it's not legal)...

It's a real pain in the butt, to have to pull over, to reprogram another destination.

Has anyone sussed out how to do this yet????? Not had time to investigate into it yet, but thought I'd ask incase anyone had done it.

I'll just sit back now and watch all the replies come flooding in... :whistling:

Want to be able to program my sat.nav while driving,(yes,I know it's not legal)...

It's a real pain in the butt, to have to pull over, to reprogram another destination.

Has anyone sussed out how to do this yet????? Not had time to investigate into it yet, but thought I'd ask incase anyone had done it.

I'll just sit back now and watch all the replies come flooding in... :whistling:

I don't understand why the lexus system doesn't allow this. Our CR-V can be programmed whilst driving.

I guess there must be a hack for this somehow.

Duncan - there is a white/blue lead that connects driectly to the digital speedo. I assume removing this would disable speed check.

The only thing is though, it uses your speed to get a rough idea where you are when it can't lock onto any sats. I go through the Mersey tunnel quite often and it's very accurate as to where I am.

Worth a try though.

There has been much dialogue on this subject (some of it initiated by me) on the Forum.

Obviously Lexus' view is that it is a safety feature to dim out reprogramming while on the move. Opposing views are that it is safer than looking at a printed map and a passenger would be allowed to operate the system.

I don't know if it is illegal to reprogram while moving, but as Hamshire Police managed to get a conviction for a lady driver who they saw eating a sandwich I suppose it might be.

I suspect that the dimming command is set by the satnav disk. For my new disk, the Trip Computer option is enabled while on the move whereas on previous versions it was dimmed out.

What we need is a petition from like-minded members to Lexus to introduce a mod. Would the Club support this?

Duncan - there is a white/blue lead that connects driectly to the digital speedo. I assume removing this would disable speed check.

The only thing is though, it uses your speed to get a rough idea where you are when it can't lock onto any sats. I go through the Mersey tunnel quite often and it's very accurate as to where I am.

Worth a try though.

Hi Geoffers,

I know the speed pulse wire is white/blue, and I also thought of putting a switch in it, as brettster sugested, but I wasn't sure if there was another way around it, possibly by earthing the red/black wire????

I might have a look at some point over the weekend.

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

The courtsy car I had at my last service had sat nav, and I found I could program it while moving as long as I took the control out of its cradle and used it as an infra red remote??

Nice one mate, I'll give it a try...

The courtsy car I had at my last service had sat nav, and I found I could program it while moving as long as I took the control out of its cradle and used it as an infra red remote??

DOES'T WORK ON MINE :angry:

Hope to get it sussed soon.....watch this space !!!!!!!

Thanks dlayen,

All he's done is cut the speed pulse wire and put a switch in it to fool the nav into thinking the cars not moving.(we suggested this earlier, but were concerned that while the pulse was switched off, the system would lose it's way, and take some time to catch up with itself once the pulse was put back)

Looking into other area's !!!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links