Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Project Is200se

As some of you may know I'm pretty new to lexus ownership and recently bought a light damaged IS200. Well I've finally managed to sort some pics out so here they are and if anyone would like to help with the provision of parts or info then it would be much appreciated. :winky:

P1050440.jpg

P1050441.jpg

P1050442.jpg

P1050443.jpg

459976.jpg

459977.jpg

I'm gonna try and get some more sorted soon so people can see the situation under the bonnet.

When I get mine back I may have a front bumper in Plat Ice with the TRD lip on.

When do you think you'll be getting your car back mate?

I'm away until 22nd, so hopefully garage should be done with it by then. If you haven't got one by then and the garage give me mine back then i'll give you a shout.

Lee.

We have a realy big breakers in Doncaster they bought mine when i wrote it off :crybaby: not 2 far from u if u wanted 2 try them & a couple of smaller 1`s 2 if any help :question:

Would love 2 c the Lex put rite :winky:

We have a realy big breakers in Doncaster they bought mine when i wrote it off :crybaby: not 2 far from u if u wanted 2 try them & a couple of smaller 1`s 2 if any help :question:

Would love 2 c the Lex put rite :winky:

Cheers mate. Could you get me the names and numbers of the breakers please and I'll give them a call. I cant wait to get the lex on the road so dont worry hopefully you will see it put right mate :winky: I really didnt think it would be so difficult to get parts for the car tbh especially after its been around so long now. Whats also shocked me is the prices these days of parts from breakers, they've gone through the roof for some reason.

K & S Motor Spares

Planet Road

Adwick-le-Street

Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN6 7AW

01302 330000

Pete Thompson

Bootham La Industrial Estate

Bootham Lane

Dunscroft

Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN7 4JU

01302 842690

The 1st 1 iv found ok with prices the 2nd has got a bit greedy now :tsktsk:

Cheers lee. I'm keeping my options open at the moment but I'll be waiting to hear from you. Got a few bits lined up but still struggling to find a wing n bonnet at the right price though.

Think there is a Group Buy brewing on Carbon Bonnets, and maybe wings!

Queens Road Garage

41 Queens Road

Askern

Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN6 0LU

01302 700539

This 1`s had Lexus in b4 nearly bought seats 4 my 1st 1 from him till i joined LOC & found out it was 2 much trouble :crybaby:

The Big 1

I know what u mean with the prices & u carnt get in them now 2 put the odd bit in ur pocket :whistling:

will look 4 the others ;)

Tell me about it, you cant roam around most scrappies anymore like u could a while back. I went to my local scrappy not so long ago as needed a couple of suspension struts for my civic so while I was waiting for them to take off the suspension from the donor car I tried helping myself to a connector I needed from the boot of the car but it took ages to rip out. Got a bit of an odd look from one guy as I had my head in the boot but luckily no one said anything lol.

Cheers lee. I'm keeping my options open at the moment but I'll be waiting to hear from you. Got a few bits lined up but still struggling to find a wing n bonnet at the right price though.

Think there is a Group Buy brewing on Carbon Bonnets, and maybe wings!

When I win the lottery mate then I'll take part in the group buy :winky: I'm a student remember :crying:

Have you tried Dewsbury Auto Salvage for the parts?

Tried mate. All they had available was a slam panel but when I asked them about it they were very clueless. Think I just came across someone who didnt know what they were on about probably. I've gotta try again this week though as they said they're getting some more cars in.

Btw, I dont believe in student loans aaronabbot lol. I'm already in enough debt as it is with my family :whistling:

I just had another thought...when the car is finally repaired and on the road I think I might get a strut brace for it. Can someone tell me how much it'll cost and is it worth it? Just had a quote for a bonnet for £150 btw...think thats still a bit much so trying to knock em down in price.

After a few phone calls I've been offered some parts for my car but am unsure on if I should take them or not.

I've been offered the following, what do people think:

Bonnet £150 in platinum ice/silver

Wing £100 same colour

Front bumper with everything, grill, fog lights, washer jets etc - £250

Slam Panel - £250

I need opinions please as I'm going to the place tomorrow to have a chat with the breakers and see if I can get the price down. Tbh I'm more so so about the front bumper as I'm not sure I really need all them bits. Well the washer jets probably but grill can be saved and I think fogs can as well as they still work.

I just had another thought...when the car is finally repaired and on the road I think I might get a strut brace for it. Can someone tell me how much it'll cost and is it worth it?

A front strut brace, I presume you mean ?

Prolex have one here and TDI have a whole load of different ones here. I'm sure there are plenty of other places that you can get them too, including eBay, but that should give you an idea about prices.

I don't have one myself, but my understanding is that you probably won't notice any difference with one unless you're taking your car around the race track (there are others here who are a lot more qualified to comment on that than me). But they do look nice ! :)

Right, time for a little update I think. As of today and many thanks to Tony Goose I've recieved my new headlights with eyebrows attached as well. I've also got my new set of locking wheel nuts too. :) I've tracked down other parts for the car as well but with prices fluctuating a lot I'm not just jumping straight in and buying the first lot of parts I can find. Really am itching to get this car on the road now lol

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links