Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Downsizing....or..... Need Advice

The £120 fee is for retention, so I guess they're planning to apply to retain the plate first and then put it on the new car rather than transfer directly from one car to the other.

Thanks for the comments. I hung out for the heated seats, and they have now found one. Due in a few weeks, have just been sent the new 58 plate number for insurance purposes.

Another query... I have private plates on my current IS250 and want the dealer to manage the transfer. What charges would you expect to pay for such a transfer? They have insisted on registering with a 58 plate, and do the transfer a short while after...

My BMW dealer did that, and then cocked up the tax discs...had to fight to get my money back...

Basically they are trying complete all paperwork before month end or something

Do not understand the need to "retain" when you are moving between cars & the plate is going on a new car:clearly I am missing something?

Tel

Do not understand the need to "retain" when you are moving between cars & the plate is going on a new car:clearly I am missing something?

Tel

They sell you the car with the original plates to save time, then deliver it like that, and you go back when you get the registration certs to swop the plates over. It's purely to save time and so they can claim any credit for selling a car in the month...

Tel

They sell you the car with the original plates to save time, then deliver it like that, and you go back when you get the registration certs to swop the plates over. It's purely to save time and so they can claim any credit for selling a car in the month...

The reason why the dealers want to do retentions instead of transfers is you have to allow the DVLA 7 working days to process a plate transfer. For a dealer to make money they need to sell and deliver used cars quickly to get the money back into the bank and then they can invest in new stock. Having a car sat sold for a coulple of weeks awaiting payment and delivery is dead money. Your part exchange if you have one will need to be traded on asap as cap and glass's guide are droping up to 5% per month at the monent. Finally all sales staff are paid on what they sell and deliver in the month so its vital they get cars delivered asap!!!!.

We may be @ cross purposes.I ordered my car on the 12/08/08 & the new car was delivered on the 10/08/08 with both my old car & the new car having the same registration plate "on the day of collection" but the old car changing soon after to its "new" 55 plate.

Tel

We may be @ cross purposes.I ordered my car on the 12/08/08 & the new car was delivered on the 10/08/08 with both my old car & the new car having the same registration plate "on the day of collection" but the old car changing soon after to its "new" 55 plate.

Tel

That's a good trick Tel, to have it delivered before your ordered it :lol: . Is your dealer clairvoyant?

Found out!Should have read 10/09/08!

Interestingly,for the first time in today's Autumn sunlight, my car was a lovely dark grey which I honestly had never seen before.Makes the decision to go for "Slate" spot on as I see both Charcoal & now this Grey & no swirls which would have driven me crazy.

Previously I had a Honda that was coloured Pirates Black which looked a rich red wine colour in the showroom,had a purple hue when I collected it 3 mnths later yet,on day2,appeared Jet Black for the remaining 20 mnths!!!!!!!

Needless to say Honda dropped Pirates Black after a few mnths.

A flue-ed-up Tel

You now can order the SR model without heated seats providing you do not want the multimedia pack. A bulletin was sent out to the dealer network on 16th October. Model code 1ZB for Automatic and 11D for manual cars. :winky:

Is this possibly a way to get rid of some surplus base model cars and 17" alloys left over from people doing 18" upgrades :whistling:

Found out!Should have read 10/09/08!

Interestingly,for the first time in today's Autumn sunlight, my car was a lovely dark grey which I honestly had never seen before.Makes the decision to go for "Slate" spot on as I see both Charcoal & now this Grey & no swirls which would have driven me crazy.

Previously I had a Honda that was coloured Pirates Black which looked a rich red wine colour in the showroom,had a purple hue when I collected it 3 mnths later yet,on day2,appeared Jet Black for the remaining 20 mnths!!!!!!!

Needless to say Honda dropped Pirates Black after a few mnths.

A flue-ed-up Tel

must say i had a pirates black honda, great colour but :tsktsk: to keep clean :)

You now can order the SR model without heated seats providing you do not want the multimedia pack. A bulletin was sent out to the dealer network on 16th October. Model code 1ZB for Automatic and 11D for manual cars. :winky:

Is this possibly a way to get rid of some surplus base model cars and 17" alloys left over from people doing 18" upgrades :whistling:

does seem a bit suspect :whistling: :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links