Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bonnet Struts

redz_UK

Indeed I do, or will do when I meaure mine for you later :lol:

I will also take some pics of the end brackets too.

I think from memory..... 505mm total length

The force rating I have in mine for a standard bonnet is 210Nm, I'm sure 200-220 would be fine.

I have this info you may also find useful

http://www.strutsdirect.co.uk

gas struts - SD03-200***

- [2] Rod End Fitting Steel Ball - SBJ11

- [3] Tube End Fitting Steel Ball - SBJ11

- [4] Rod End Bracket Please select bracket...

- [5] Tube End Bracket Please select bracket...

Sub-Total: £43.66

that is a lot better price than i would have thought, keep thinking i need to sort something out with mine as it's got a carbon bonnet and i been using a broom handle for the past 6 months :blush:

Gas Struts - SD03-200***

Will all those bits definitely do the job ? And can you confirm that I don't need any brackets, just those steel ball ends ? I'm certainly interested.

Love the broom handle example though :lol:

Gas Struts - SD03-200***

Will all those bits definitely do the job ? And can you confirm that I don't need any brackets, just those steel ball ends ? I'm certainly interested.

Love the broom handle example though :lol:

Yeah you'll need the brackets as well. the ones that attach to the bonnet are specially made, you'd have to try and borrow a set to get a template.

Stav

Yes brackets would be needed, I will get around to taking some detailed pics shortly.

The reason the info I have provided above had no brackets, as I was looking at replacement struts as mine I bought secondhand were not strong enough,

but I had them re-gassed from 150n to 210N @ they do the job fine now. I had the original brackets from the kit.

thanks stav!!

cant get much better than that!!

looks like this is going to be the issue.. can get the struts for about £15 but no idea where to get this made...

:sad:

May strutsdirect could advise? Like I said, I'd be happy to split the costs to get these made up...

Slightly off on a tangent here... just got a set off struts for the car but been told to be careful as it could put too much stress on the bonnet causing it to snap. Oh its a carbon bonnet by the way.

So the question is, who's got a carbon bonnet with gas struts? Anyone?

Slightly off on a tangent here... just got a set off struts for the car but been told to be careful as it could put too much stress on the bonnet causing it to snap. Oh its a carbon bonnet by the way.

it certainly hasnt affected any members cars with standard bonnets...

maybe you should sell em to me!!

first refusal if you do!!

:whistling:

it certainly hasnt affected any members cars with standard bonnets...

maybe you should sell em to me!!

first refusal if you do!!

:whistling:

Lol i ll keep you in mind mate!

i dont know of anyone, but Prolex do a bonnet strut kit for carbon bonnets, maybe ask him for advice?

cool might drop him a pm on here. cheers

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links