Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Battery Not Lasting A Week

Chris.S

We put a new Battery on the blue IS thinking it was on its last legs due to keep losing charge. Anyway purchased a new Battery from Lexus and made sure it was fully charged.

But the new Battery only lasts 5 days even if the cars been on a long run, enough to recharge it. Now the car sits in the garage during the week while my uncle is working. the car is never locked or the alarm set withit being locked in a secure garage.

I've stored the car in my mates workshop for the last few days with a meter checking amp drain, the problem is there is hardly any amp drainage from the car and we cant understand whats draining it so quickly

Any ideas guys ?

i had a problem like this Chris when i first brought my IS, and found out the boot light was staying on with the boot lid closed and the only way i found out was when i was in the backseat of my car with the ski hatch open and i could see it on with the boot lid closed? might be worth checking mate as its only a small drain but does drain the Battery over a short period? :unsure:

i had a problem like this Chris when i first brought my IS, and found out the boot light was staying on with the boot lid closed and the only way i found out was when i was in the backseat of my car with the ski hatch open and i could see it on with the boot lid closed? might be worth checking mate as its only a small drain but does drain the battery over a short period? :unsure:

I thought this may have been happening on my dads old car, it was a saloon and the only way to check was to get in the boot and shut it, I left him in there for 2 mins, pretended it wouldn't open. He he

i had a problem like this Chris when i first brought my IS, and found out the boot light was staying on with the boot lid closed and the only way i found out was when i was in the backseat of my car with the ski hatch open and i could see it on with the boot lid closed? might be worth checking mate as its only a small drain but does drain the battery over a short period? :unsure:

I thought this may have been happening on my dads old car, it was a saloon and the only way to check was to get in the boot and shut it, I left him in there for 2 mins, pretended it wouldn't open. He he

poss could be your stereo draining your bat even though its switched off it could still be doing it!!!!(i work for toyota)some of the later celica's suffered this problem and it was a faulty stereo.try disconecting it and see if that stops the drain?

its pitch blackoutside now so tomorrow i'll take out the radio fuses to kill the radio, i know the radio is faulty as it says error one when playin cd's but not sure what that means.

error 1 i think is the lead up too the dreaded error three!!!!hope you get to the bottom of it dude!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links