Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Do Petrol Savers Really Work?can Any 1 Help Please

my fellow petrol heads am considering getting and fitting petrol saver on my car but want to find out if any one has actually got it installed and how effective this is??

thank u 4 your time

If they were the slightest bit of use whatsoever, they would be fitted as standard. Any claims 'demonstrating' their effectiveness are outright lies which will not stand up to any form of rigorous scientific scrutiny.

In other words, no.

Arn't they just a magnet that fits around your petrol pipe? I believe you can buy the same kit that is supposed to reduce the amount of lime in water to stop your shower head furring up.

Basically, a load of toot.

If you want to save money on petrol, either change the way you drive, what you drive, or how much you drive.

my fellow petrol heads am considering getting and fitting petrol saver on my car but want to find out if any one has actually got it installed and how effective this is??

thank u 4 your time

I have tried these before, i dont think they work.

Lots of gumf around on the net about them !

Try one, see what you think...

At the same time fit one of the Power Bands and Electric Superchargers you can also buy off eBay.

You'll then be able to get 200 mpg and beat everything bar a F1 car.

Utter rubbish - Spend the money on fuel - That will be guaranteed to get you more miles.

Idont know about u guys but i ended up buying the fuel saver from eBay and i tell u i am saving petrol it really does work as i have clearly experienced this i usually use 15litres to work mon-fri and with this miraclous fuel saver i dit my usual route with 10litres only u can even feel the difference as my engine sound sounds more refined and tuned .

it cost on £7 so no loss at all i just had to risk it and it does work just to let u all know

many thanks

sorry lexkid but the logic is flawed for oh so many reasons

The only reason you are saving fuel is because you are driving differently and you have convinced yourself that the engine sounds better.

These things cannot possibly work - and the fact that you haven't mentioned resetting your ecu (assume you haven't) proves it- because if it had made any difference at all- your ecu would take time to "learn" - it would not be immediate and would be a gradual improvement

Sorry but you have wasted your money

the best thing i have ever heard with regards to saving petrol is this...

Allow yourself more time..

In the end having an extra 10 mins to get to work in the morning will make you drive that bit slower.. where as being 10 mins late will have you acting a bit more heavy on the gas so to speak..

And it does work... although im now charging myself £2 for each oversleep!

As Mark W suggests, if you're either hoping or expecting these things will work, you may unconsciously alter your driving style to turn that into a self-fulfilling prophecy. I suspect that will be the source of any perceived fuel savings that you have noticed. You can make a big difference to your fuel consumption through driving slightly more gently. Maybe you thought the engine note sounded better, so that made you think you didn't need to press on the gas so hard to make progress ?

• 1 month later...
As Mark W suggests, if you're either hoping or expecting these things will work, you may unconsciously alter your driving style to turn that into a self-fulfilling prophecy. I suspect that will be the source of any perceived fuel savings that you have noticed. You can make a big difference to your fuel consumption through driving slightly more gently. Maybe you thought the engine note sounded better, so that made you think you didn't need to press on the gas so hard to make progress ?

Well i believe in honesty or rather SAYING IT AS IT IS!!!

petrol saver dont work sh... :tsktsk: ..t ,was worth a trial but ion the long run i still visit the gas station as often as i use to ,besides i think the MAGNETS even reduce my REV as the pick up or acceleration has dropped .

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!! I feel robbed :crybaby:

Well i believe in honesty or rather SAYING IT AS IT IS!!!

petrol saver dont work sh... :tsktsk: ..t ,was worth a trial but ion the long run i still visit the gas station as often as i use to ,besides i think the MAGNETS even reduce my REV as the pick up or acceleration has dropped .

GUYS GUYS GUYS!!! I feel robbed :crybaby:

I'm sorry to say that this is no big suprise. Sorry that you've had to learn this the hard way. Just put it down to experience, and if something sounds too good to be true in future, then give it some careful thought, it probably isn't true ! :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links