Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats The Best Diff For Drifting

coolrides

Still trying to figure out what diff is best for drifting. i dont care about noise or whinning from diff but just want the right one for the job. is the sport LSD strong enough or would the likes of a cusco diff be better. also how hard is it to change a standard diff to a cusco. i.e is it a difficult job to swap the diff in the casing.

matt? anyone?

cheers

it not for pro drifting or anything just more drifting at track days ect. can get the tail out in wet with the standard diff but its very unpredictable as to when it catches or loses the grip to one wheel. or would the sport lsd be a more sensible option. i know you sell the altezza diff dave but dont want to have to modify anything to fit the uk car.

also want diff before or soon after nitrous kit to help it handle it

kaaz diff.............lots of noise.........needs looking after............careful running in.............

you need 300 + BHP I'd say to go drifting................

what do you mean needs looking after and carefull running in. are they a strong diff or brittle or somet. want somet that can be used every day

need oil changes evry 3000 km................clunky...........on/off................competition only really

I changed my open diff by a oem torsen and I'm very happy with it.

I think is quite good even for its occasional drift use, if I'm not wrong Monster-Matt use one until recently (before change it by a mechanical lsd) with a lot of engine power and in the old videos seems he can make very good drifting :D

I think is quite good even for its occasional drift use, if I'm not wrong Monster-Matt use one until recently (before change it by a mechanical lsd) with a lot of engine power and in the old videos seems he can make very good drifting :D

what about a LSD from a sport ??

That is the one I installed, the Sport has a torsen diif.

more info about lsd

more info about torsen

cheers guys will have to have a hoke about the scrap yards for one or anywhere you can buy uk torsen diffs for is200 not altezza?

It's the same, not the whole differential and shafts but the internal LSD it's identical, the best way it's change by a whole diff from Sport IS200 but you can change just the LSD from Altezza with your crown/pinion and shafts.

oh, can you actually drift with your (I assume) stock engine/power?

also your is an automatic, somehow it think drifting (or better call it tailsliding) would be... much harder without lot's of torque...

i'm just honestly curious, because my car feel so underpowered and just to make the tail go out a lil bit really takes lot of effort... maybe I should have it dyno'ed, i'm starting to thinkg I'm on a dead engine or something...

i'm just honestly curious, because my car feel so underpowered and just to make the tail go out a lil bit really takes lot of effort... maybe I should have it dyno'ed, i'm starting to thinkg I'm on a dead engine or something...

Usually folk are on here complaining about the back stepping out ... lol

just fit krap tyres and your off ... :D

oh, can you actually drift with your (I assume) stock engine/power?

also your is an automatic, somehow it think drifting (or better call it tailsliding) would be... much harder without lot's of torque...

The torsen LSD increases the grip while prevent the loss of power and transfer that to the wheel with more grip (in a open diff one wheel spins and loss all power and the other it's stopped like the car).

My n/a and auto IS200 now can make perfect donuts in dry tarmac leaving two black marks, before that not possible with an open diff but for tailsliding the best is poor grip (in ground or tyres) with or w/o lsd :D .

Also the torsen it's compatible with TRC so it's good for normal drive and good for a crazy time (not in open road of course).

I hope you can understand me with my poor english, it's hard to me :blush:

See the videos, with open diff look how loss the power the inside wheel:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=YsI_y-6s254

Also drifting it's possible with open diff:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=F5UpFp-7-zs

better tailsliding with lsd, torsen:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=1S0EtOAmuTE

or mechanical:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=yaNNd4q-82Y

Usually folk are on here complaining about the back stepping out ... lol

just fit krap tyres and your off ... :D

I know! :D :lol: and to think that up until las week I had some very old bridgestone with no threads left...

I guess I'm just too much of a slow driver! :D

The torsen LSD increases the grip while prevent the loss of power and transfer that to the wheel with more grip (in a open diff one wheel spins and loss all power and the other it's stopped like the car).

My n/a and auto IS200 now can make perfect donuts in dry tarmac leaving two black marks, before that not possible with an open diff but for tailsliding the best is poor grip (in ground or tyres) with or w/o lsd :D .

Also the torsen it's compatible with TRC so it's good for normal drive and good for a crazy time (not in open road of course).

well as I said it could be just me, that I am a total loser when it comes to this kinda stuff... :( but seriously I doubt I'll have the guts to try and use one of the techniques described in the drift bible in order to make my car slide on a bend, on the other hand I would be happy with much, much less than that...

Carles, don' t you have any video of yourself going crazy with yr IS?

well as I said it could be just me, that I am a total loser when it comes to this kinda stuff... :( but seriously I doubt I'll have the guts to try and use one of the techniques described in the drift bible in order to make my car slide on a bend, on the other hand I would be happy with much, much less than that...

Carles, don' t you have any video of yourself going crazy with yr IS?

dont be silly just practice, on a track or an unused carpark. always a lot easier in wet. just turn in dip the clutch and get the revs up in second gear or so. or if you still have trouble nip the handbrake to break the grip. is possible without an lsd but would be much easier to get both wheels going with an lsd.

keep the wallet open for tyres

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links