Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 V8 Into My Is200

MeMo

I got round to geting my Exhaust of the car today as it needed a good seeing to, as its been siting on the car all this time.

Have to say it looks alot better now...........

myv8No2015.jpg

myv8No2014.jpg

i also got part of the pipework heat wraped today...

myv8No2007.jpg

myv8No2002.jpg

i also test fitted me strut brace to see if it still fits........

myv8No2012.jpg

myv8No2013.jpg

that turbo is very near the radiator :unsure:

yea it looks like it from the pic,s but when the rad is fixed in place theres about 10 to 15mm room, as for the engine cover theres about 30 to 40mm room, not only that theres a car on the V8 site with the turbo in the same plave "ie" right next to the rad and his is running ok, i will also be covering the turbo with a heat shield to keep most of the heat in, so with that it should all be ok,

well i got round to makeing a bracket to hold the atl in place, all most done just have to work out the best way to get tension into the belt at all times. well heres what i made, im not done with it yet still some work to go into it.

atlbrk001.jpg

atlbrk002.jpg

atlbrk006.jpg

atlbrk009.jpg

Did some more work on the car today, i got the oil return line for the turbo fitted, something i had put of untill now, as i knew it would be a pig to do, and i was right, so as it was a nice day down here in kent, i got the car out and worked on it in the sun :) had to lift the engine up abit to get to the back of the sump.

oilreturn001.jpg

so with that done i could then start to take all the nuts out, and i was hopeing once i had done that the sump would just fall off lol well i did say hope!! but nope it was stuck like S**** so i got the hammer on it, and with a tap here and there off it poped, i then had the job of geting all the old s**** of it, 20mins later that was all done, so i sat that to one sideoilreturn003.jpg

i then had to see where the best place was to put the return line, not easy trying to make a 25mm hole well i did and i have to say it did not take to long do,

oilreturn005.jpg

and here it is all fitted in its place, just have to get the hose and connect it.

oilreturn006.jpg

Thats one more job thats done.......

looking amazing mate so when do you think this will be finished.

hhmmm im hopeing to have it done for the Japshow at santa pod in june, but we will see how thing go over the next 3 to 4 weeks then i will know better.

looking amazing mate so when do you think this will be finished.

hhmmm im hopeing to have it done for the Japshow at santa pod in june, but we will see how thing go over the next 3 to 4 weeks then i will know better.

Excellent news, hope it works out mate

hi, i haven't been following this post all the way through... but wouldn't you of been better off with 2 smaller turbos off of each side?

Hi mate, have you seen the work that go's into trying to make 2 turbos work, + all the exter work & items i would have to buy, not only that theres not that much room in the bay, i think you are forgeting this is a 4L V8 not a 2L 4 or 6 pot engine, with this engine and turbo setup, turbo should kick in at around 1800 to 2000RPM, I think i have gone down the right road with this setup, as i know there are 2 v8 setups in the IS in the uk but thats all, they dont have turbo,s or SC on them so my one will be the 1st IS V8 Turbo in UK :winky: ( i think)

But thanks all the same for your input :winky:

P.S please dont think i was haveing a pop mate, i understand what you saying, but its just so much more work and items to buy.......

• 1 month later...

UPDATE!!

Over the past 2/3 weeks not had much time to work on the IS but i did get some bits done on it, 1 of the big jobs still to do was get the propshaft made up, took this to a place called JE, Engineering and 2 days later i get a call its all done WOW fast, top guys they are that did it, well here are some pic,s

car21st008.jpg

car21st007.jpg

I also refitted the oil cooler in a better place, it was under the drivers light, but now its at the front and it sits ontop of the intercooler, where it use to sit i will put the gerbox oil/cooler there. and at long last the ATL in place now, and the Rad/Fan

car21st012.jpg

car21st013.jpg

Next big jub to do is the wireing..... :crying: once this is done i can then try and start her up for the 1st time :whistling:

Guest inicol63

Marcus, what a great car your have there.

Do you still think your have her running in time for the pod meet?

Put me down for the first run ;) in her.

That if your enough penny to fill her up after what your spent doing it up lol

I think my wife would of left had i started a project like this, now there a thought.... :D

Marcus, what a great car your have there.

Do you still think your have her running in time for the pod meet?

Put me down for the first run ;) in her.

That if your enough penny to fill her up after what your spent doing it up lol

I think my wife would of left had i started a project like this, now there a thought.... :D

Thanks mate, yea im still hopeing to be at the pod, will know better in 2 weeks if im still comeing, but its looking good :whistling:

UPDATE!!!!!

I guys, just to let you lot know i started the wireing over the weekend, it was one of them jobs i had put off for along time, as i was unsure of what i was doing, but with puting it of it give me time to get the info i needed & ask Q,s, about wireing the IS, so over the weekend i had alook at the wireing, and come the end of today, i had her turning over by 8pm , with that done i know she would not start as there is no fuel in here , and theres still 1 or 2 things i have to check, but im hopeing to have her started up within the next 2 to 3 days once i have done all the checks. so happy days here we come :whistling:

I have also done more work on her, i will post some pic,s up in a day or 2 :winky:

Excellent news mate,

See you at Japshow!

Thanks guys, :blush:

yea i have been thinking about the japshow, and i think i will have to give it a miss, not saying the car will not be done but i still have to get her MOT & TAX and Ins as well, and its just abit to much to lay out this month, so ill have to give it a miss, but once its done and up & running 110% i pop up the ACE cafe :winky: with her.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links