Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is It Snowing Where You Are?

Parthiban

As the title says, is it snowing where you are? Snow in London is pretty rare, especially at this time of year and it's really coming down. Everything's covered with a nice blanket and it looks fantastic :D

i posted up earlier that it was snowing here in the midlands and thought it was quite odd for the time of year? :D

Oops, missed that thread :shutit:

But yeah, very odd, if we get anything down here it's usually around Feb. It'll be interesting to see if it just disappears tomorrow as normal, or if it hangs around for a bit........... :whistling:

Didn't see it here - though when i got off the train at 7.30 last night (just near Epsom, so not a million miles from London at all) it did look a bit more like light snow than rain. Nothing much to write home about though unfortunately, I love snow!!

I was driving back from London last night and went through a blizzard on the M3 on the way home ! :o

After I got off the motorway, the roads were very slippery, so for the first time I engaged "Snow" mode for its originally intended purpose, not just to save petrol. Still had one slightly scary moment simply turning off a main road, where the car hugely understeered towards the kerb. Luckily I was taking it very easy so no problem caused.

When I was nearly home some teenagers were making a snowman, but obviously thought it would be amusing to chuck what sounded like a pretty large snowball at my car, which I wasn't expecting and gave me a bit of a shock. Haven't had a chance to look at in the daylight, but they'd better not have scratched it, the :tsktsk: ers

most of switzerland is covered, must have happened last few days as was on hols. wanted to go over the simplon pass but still had my summer tyres on so didnt even bother - put the car on the train instead ;o)

most of switzerland is covered, must have happened last few days as was on hols. wanted to go over the simplon pass but still had my summer tyres on so didnt even bother - put the car on the train instead ;o)

Would you mind telling us what kind of winter tyres you use?

And round black ones is not the answer I'm looking for :lol::lol:

Its just because I was thinking of getting some later on in the year when the weather is worse here.

Would you mind telling us what kind of winter tyres you use?

And round black ones is not the answer I'm looking for :lol::lol:

Its just because I was thinking of getting some later on in the year when the weather is worse here.

yeah no worries, but a popular mistake is that people think winter tyres are for snow and ice etc but they are for temps lower than 7c, your normal tyres go hard at low temps resulting in less grip and of course they are not designed to deal with the snow.

I DID have toyo snowprox few years back but they are complete shi...... oil leeches out of them and they dont grip well at all - i binned them half way thru a winter season.

i have michelin alpins and never had a problem with grip on normal paved roads, but i also keep my chains in the car just in case. i also keep a sand bag in the boot for weight over the back.

i use the standard 17" wheels for my winter wheels but better option is to get a set of the 16" wheels from the is200 S model or a set of steel wheels would be your best option.

a guy on here sold a set earlier this year with nearly new alpin tyres and if i was in the UK i would have bitten his arm off the pice was so good.

if ur starting from scratch get the 16" wheels as the grip is better than the 17" and also tyres are cheaper.

also look at dunlop wintersport as they are rated highly

just seen the simplon pass is now closed ... probably for winter, it must have been bad up top as it wasnt snowing too bad earlier.

the car train alternative to driving

DSCN0397.jpg

bit of snow on italian side of simplon pass - i did have bit of a drive up but the IS got tail happy and with the summer tyres on i eventually just stopped going up a very slight incline.....

DSCN0422.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links