Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Fitting Party

Mr Mole

Didn't you have an HKS FCD ? :unsure:

What does the Unichip do ?

Thought that would get the questions going.

When Stav went to fit the HKS FCD he opened it up and there was an Unichip already there.

We or should I say Stav had a look at it and did not think it was wired up correctly so we cut it off and fitted the HKS FCD in its place. So not sure what its was doing but Stav is going to find out some info about the Unichip and take it from there.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your car had a Unichip ECU already fitted ?

Yes Wozza it was already fitted but dont know if it was set up right because Stav did not think there was enough wires in the loom. So we just cut if off.

Would like to say a BIG thank you to Chris, Stav ,Gord and Steve for all there hard work yesterday.

It was great to meet up with the guys again,only sorry for the poor weather we had and for there long and slow drive home.

Tried to ween them of the Stella and onto the Tennents but they were having none of it :lol:

And a big thank you to Mrs Mole for feeding the workers and me

Home safe now, my what an awful drive for the first few miles through the snow. Not nice in a rear wheel drive car. But once back to more civilasation it cleared up and just a plain drive home.

Thanks to Mrs Mole for the cakes, i'll be tucking into them later.

Hope he gets take it out soon but like i said the weather was grim.

Didn't you have an HKS FCD ? :unsure:

What does the Unichip do ? (other than work as an FCD)

The unichip was already there, but was only wired to one injector for some reason and couldnt figure out all the other wires so we whipped it off. And its not the sort you can plug a normal computer into to tune so we took it off till i can look into it.

So your car had a Unichip ECU already fitted ?

Also do you have a different exhaust manifold fitted ?

(looks like the one I have on mine :whistling:)

The exhaust manifold were unsure about as its not the most intelligantly made item as its VERY close to the steering column.

Stav

The exhaust manifold were unsure about as its not the most intelligantly made item as its VERY close to the steering column.

Stav

That caught my eye in the pic too. Reminded me of a few years ago I was supposedly trialling a manifold for a local firm which was similar.

That one also had probs with O2 sensor positioning (or lack of) which caused the check engine light.

They just tried to get away with denting the pipework to increase clearance from steering column ... and claim it was a manifold they'd developed.

I suggested they were spouting bull and why not say they just bought it from a LHD market abroad.

Got them to take it off and put on a decatted standard manifold I'd got hold of instead. No probs after that ...

Apologies for the slightly off topic nature of this bit ... :offtopic:

Look forward to hearing your joyous news when the weather finally permits some fun drives with the new toy :shifty:

TG

Would like to say a BIG thank you to Chris, Stav ,Gord and Steve for all there hard work yesterday.

It was great to meet up with the guys again,only sorry for the poor weather we had and for there long and slow drive home.

Tried to ween them of the Stella and onto the Tennents but they were having none of it :lol:

I would like to say big thanks to the Moles for putting us all up, feeding us and all the drinks to keep us going :D

Made us all feel at home, well done :D

Big thanks to Mrs Mole from Jessica xx Hope to see you again at JAE next year :D

That bit ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ was from Jessica Mrs Mole

Hope you have fun with the car mate, and remember..........................if anthing should go wrong...........its just a characteristic of the conversion :lol:

I would like to say big thanks to the Moles for putting us all up, feeding us and all the drinks to keep us going :D

Made us all feel at home, well done :D

Big thanks to Mrs Mole from Jessica xx Hope to see you again at JAE next year :D

That bit ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ was from Jessica Mrs Mole

Hope you have fun with the car mate, and remember..........................if anthing should go wrong...........its just a characteristic of the conversion :lol:

Gord no need to thank us, you know its me who cant thank you guys enough!!!!

Jessica is more than welcome and we hope she likes the gifts and she will see us at JAE next year :winky:

Cant get out in the car yet mate. got the heating on full blast in the house with all the windows open, trying to melt the snow :whistling::lol: :lol:

Looks like it was quite a party, enjoy the charger mate (have to say I'm a little jealous :shutit: )! :D

:offtopic: What's the oval thing around your license plate stav?

Intercooler spray bar mate, still a work in progress as trying to find a decent pump to power pump the water, but basically cools the intercooler down.

Stav

I'd just like to say a big THANKYOU to the Mole family for there great Hospitality and for a Great Welcome to the North :D I cant think of the last time i had such a warm welcome (was so warm i fell asleep :blush: ) i'd been awake over 36 hrs when i passed out so didnt do too bad? :lol:

Great to see you guys again and nice to meet you Steve (sorry for being asleep when you left mate :blush: )

Shame that the weather has not allowed you to have that drive as yet, but hopefully it wont be too long till you can mate :)

DSCF0531_edited.jpg

DSCF0532_edited.jpg

DSCF0530.jpg

DSCF0576.jpg

DSCF0575.jpg

DSCF0585_edited.jpg

DSCF0587_edited.jpg

DSCF0598_edited.jpg

DSCF0596_edited.jpg

DSCF0594_edited.jpg

Some great pics there mate.

Glad you enjoyed your trip up North, just make it for longer next time :winky:

You better not eat all the cakes at once or you'll just crave for them once they are all gone :lol: :lol:

And thanks again for everything mate.

You better not eat all the cakes at once or you'll just crave for them once they are all gone :lol: :lol:

One last thanks Mr Mole, when we stopped to fuel up on the way back, i thought Chris was paying until he told me otherwise :winky:

Next time i'll try and not pass out on your lovely big chair :lol:

I was so tired after being awake for over 36hrs, but that little nap did me good untill we got back to your house again after popping into town for a drink,

And then i passed out again and had to go to bed :lol:

If you get chance mate, try and get some of the silicon hoses for the S/C to replace those black ones and some of the wider hose clamps, and next time i'll try and make the trip with my cleaning gear so i can give the engine bay a good going over so it sets of all your new shiny bits :D

And I must say a big thanks to Gord for driving all that way, And next time i'll do it mate :D

been out in her yet adrian :P?

I could answer that but Mrs. Mole whould give me a trip to the dentist :lol:

:lol::lol: Wozza, wont tell Mrs Mole about that comment mate.

Dan yes just home from work and had a great drive home.

Dont know if I was expecting to much but was not as fast as I thought it would be.

I've only been out in Rod's one for a short drive,and that was a long time ago, so nothing realy to compare it too.

But yes I'm very very happy with it. Might ask Steve to come for a drive in it to see what he thinks compared to when it was on his one. :whistling: Love the noise you get :excl::excl:

been out in her yet adrian :P?

I could answer that but Mrs. Mole whould give me a trip to the dentist :lol:

:lol::lol: Wozza, wont tell Mrs Mole about that comment mate.

Dan yes just home from work and had a great drive home.

Dont know if I was expecting to much but was not as fast as I thought it would be.

I've only been out in Rod's one for a short drive,and that was a long time ago, so nothing realy to compare it too.

But yes I'm very very happy with it. Might ask Steve to come for a drive in it to see what he thinks compared to when it was on his one. :whistling: Love the noise you get :excl::excl:

You will still need the rubber for the intake Mr Mole :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links