Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Help With Car Security

coxrad888

Hi everyone, I have just bought my IS200 SportCross, 53 plate 2 weeks ago. I have been reading this forum for the last 2 weeks and to be honest it has been very interesting, informative and quite additive too. Everyone seems to be so friendly and helpful.

I was wondering if any of you could be so kind as to help me of this question. I normally drive by myself and my two little kids. On my way home, my youngest sometimes tend to fall asleep in the car. So I tend to leave him to sleep for an extra 1/2 hour or so. I have a private drive way, so I can look out from my kitchen window and check if he is ok while I am cooking. I find this was not a problem in my old car because I can lock the car and disable the radar sensor.

However, in the SportCross, the manual says "To deactivate the radar sensor, open the driver's side of the door, press the lock button on the door, then press the unlock button on the door 3 times, then close the door and press the lock button on the remote control 1 time. That is what I did. However, after 20 minutes or so, the alarm goes off in the car, I quickly rush out and find that my son has half woken up. I don't know whether he had trigger the radar sensor when he moved in the car, or whether the alarm must have woken him up.

Does this mean that the radar sensor has the been disable even though I followed the procedure as described above from the manual.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks.

By the way, just to let you all know that the SportCross is a good car to drive. But I am already finding some niggly petty faults with it. My other half just reckons that I don't know how to use the gears and clutch as I have always liked driving an auto. :tomato:

"To deactivate the radar sensor, open the driver's side of the door, press the lock button on the door, then press the unlock button on the door 3 times, then close the door and press the lock button on the remote control 1 time. That is what I did. :tomato:

Did you notice the rapidly blinking red security light?

What I do to deactivate the radar sensor is:

close all doors except drivers door, take the key out and press lock-unlock-lock-unlock-lock-unlock.

Then the red security light on the dash starting to blink very rapidly (if not you haven’t pressed the lock/unlock sequence correctly and have to start over) then shut the door and lock with remote. If you press twice you can activate the double lock too. This works every time on mine.

Welcome to the Loc too. :winky:

On my way home, my youngest sometimes tend to fall asleep in the car. So I tend to leave him to sleep for an extra 1/2 hour or so. I have a private drive way, so I can look out from my kitchen window and check if he is ok while I am cooking. I find this was not a problem in my old car because I can lock the car and disable the radar sensor.

No matter how private your driveway is I cant believe you leave your kid in the car!

I have 2 kids, and the yougest also regularly falls asleep whilst I'm driving (no comments please!) but when I get home - I lift him out and take him to the house.....easy......thats your solution......not how to disable the radar.

Thanks, will try your method next time. It does seem such a long winded process though. But if it works then it will be great because I do need this function when I am out and about. E.g when I am filling up the petrol, I use have to lock the doors, and keep the kids in while I quickly pay. I am sure many parents do that and not just me.

On my way home, my youngest sometimes tend to fall asleep in the car. So I tend to leave him to sleep for an extra 1/2 hour or so. I have a private drive way, so I can look out from my kitchen window and check if he is ok while I am cooking. I find this was not a problem in my old car because I can lock the car and disable the radar sensor.

No matter how private your driveway is I cant believe you leave your kid in the car!

I have 2 kids, and the yougest also regularly falls asleep whilst I'm driving (no comments please!) but when I get home - I lift him out and take him to the house.....easy......thats your solution......not how to disable the radar.

Dont think they needed a parenting lesson on a Lexus forum :shifty:

what exacty is the the danger of your child sleeping in a locked car on a private driveway within your view :question:

None i would say,probably far less dangerous than if you were driving said car with child, along a road .

Ive got 3 and all survived this practice....although the youngest is mentally scarred as i forgot to disable the alarm once :crybaby:

Dont think they needed a parenting lesson on a Lexus forum :shifty:

what exacty is the the danger of your child sleeping in a locked car on a private driveway within your view :question:

None i would say,probably far less dangerous than if you were driving said car with child, along a road .

Ive got 3 and all survived this practice....although the youngest is mentally scarred as i forgot to disable the alarm once :crybaby:

Simply airing my view which is what I thought a forum was for.

In the op IMHO it's an unnecessary risk as you will take them out in the end.

What happens if you get distracted eg phone rings or you burn yourself in the kitchen?

Not something I would risk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links