Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Steel Heater/ac Rings

Are they really difficuly to make then? There is so much interest on the forum and from what i can tell a few metal wizards (or who know metal wizards) that could potentially make them. Is it far too costly or far too much hassle?

I have a set that I bought a while back but they are so rare that I had to get them from US eBay and they cost quite a lot (around £50 delivered I think).

Mine also have IS300 on them which I wish they didn't, however they still look the dogs nuts! I have thought about trying to get it off but I don't want to wreck them.

Are they really difficuly to make then? There is so much interest on the forum and from what i can tell a few metal wizards (or who know metal wizards) that could potentially make them. Is it far too costly or far too much hassle?

One of the guys was on about getting some made but never saw anything else on it?

From looking at the set i had they would need stamping/pressing to make so would guess that the tooling to produce them might be a bit expensive unless you were having quite a few sets made up? :unsure:

i went to a couple of places and they wernt really interested cos of the tooling process

Did they give you a rough idea of the tooling cost ? If there are enough people who are willing to pay enough money, then it might still be viable.

not really mate was a bit gutted cos i thought it would be really easy and cheep to do which might be the problem in there wont be enough in it for them

i went to a couple of places and they wernt really interested cos of the tooling process

So did I. It seems they are quite difficult to make, but I will continue looking for a manufacturer.

dsc0252fixframeia7.jpg

They are only stamped stainless steel, but it would be getting the die to suit that would cost.

I'm sure we could sell at least 50 sets, and am sure people would pay £25-35 per set or so.

Surely in these economic times an engineering firm could do something ?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Sure there would be a cost to make the tooling, but these are highly sought-after so I'd be pretty suprised if we could get enough buyers together to make it worthwhile.

ok, who has contacts at engineering firms ? Or who has one nearby that they could go and ask about it ? We need to find out the costs and then we can work out how many people we'd need at roughly how much, then can see if it would be a goer.

ok, who has contacts at engineering firms ? Or who has one nearby that they could go and ask about it ? We need to find out the costs and then we can work out how many people we'd need at roughly how much, then can see if it would be a goer.

I work next to a laser/water cutting company. If we are lucky they have the right tools for these things as well. I'll talk to them tomorrow and let you know what they think about it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links