Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Newbie!

jaysingh1

Hi Folks,

Thats right I have just bought my first is200 a few months back, and i am really pleased the car . I came down to Ace cafe last month to the lexus meet saw a few nice is200's there which made me wana start modifying my is200.

I don't really wana go too extreme with the car just wana have a nice clean look to it . (keep it original but clean). I cant really do alot to the engine as im only 19 cannot afford to get it supercharged as the insurance is a killer, but i will get few odd mods such as induction kit etc... later on.

Cutting the long story short. I wana start by gettin the IK20's. I have seen a few posts before on this subject but there a bit too old and cannot view the links as to where to get them from. I would be grateful if some 1 can post a link as to where i can get them from and if any one has them on there car can you please let me know how much of a difference this will make.

Also i would be grateful if some 1 can give me advice on lowering the car. I wana keep the standard is200 rims(just give them a refurb), but i want to lower the car so the arches are just above the tyres and it should be equal drop on the front and back (ive had bad experience with this with my old bmw) the front was higher than the back. will any one know what drop i should be looking at, and also which are the best springs to get as i dont wana mess up the comfort of the ride.

Any advice would be appricated

Thanks alot

Jay

Welcome to the club Jay, :D

Not sure at this moment where to get the IK20's without having a search, I've got them fiited at the moment and to be honest i dont find much difference with then over the standard plugs,

Spring wise have a look at the Lexus TTE/Eibach Springs, you can get them through a dealer and are suposed to be very good with the lowering and dont ruin the comfort of the IS200 from what some of the members have said on here? (I have TTE coilovers on mine) Or there are Tein springs which are good quality and not too expensive :)

Theres another Ace Cafe meet on Saturday 20th December if you fancy it between 11am and 4pm? there are a few members attending and be good to see you mate :D

I got my IK20s from the US, like the ones here (the same seller that I used). Don't worry that it says ES300, the important thing is that it's 6 x IK20s, which is exactly what you need. I did a walkthough on changing plugs, which is in the Workshop forum.

I can't say I've really noticed any difference on my car, but then I didn't particularly expect to. Suffice to say that they're new plugs so should be better than having old ones in there, and maybe will very slightly help fuel economy ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links