Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Check Engine Light

JAMY

Thanks stevie and mark...Could the sensor not be faulty? maybe abit of cleaning will sought it out? what do u guys think?

The online workshop manual doesn't suggest cleaning it, so my guess is that wouldn't help. This is only a guess though, I don't know for sure. The main things suggested by the manual are a faulty sensor or a bad electrical connection.

Thanks stevie and mark...Could the sensor not be faulty? maybe abit of cleaning will sought it out? what do u guys think?

The online workshop manual doesn't suggest cleaning it, so my guess is that wouldn't help. This is only a guess though, I don't know for sure. The main things suggested by the manual are a faulty sensor or a bad electrical connection.

Hi steviewevie,

Can you please give me the exact part number for the sensor. Cant seem to find it

Can you please give me the exact part number for the sensor. Cant seem to find it

Looking at this diagram I'm not 100% sure. It gives two different part numbers for the two O2 sensors on bank 1, but just one part number (89465-53150) for bank 2. I don't know if this is because both bank 2 sensors use the same part ?

I really don't know for sure and I'd strongly recommend you check with a Lexus/Toyota dealer or someone who can tell you for sure about this, if you're going to go ahead and order a part.

On second thoughts, since in that diagram it says "exhaust pipe" next to the sensor, then it lists part 89465-53120 and 89465-53190. I don't know why there are two parts, only the second one seems to have a price listed there.

But again, I don't really know for sure, so I recommend checking with someone who does.

On second thoughts, since in that diagram it says "exhaust pipe" next to the sensor, then it lists part 89465-53120 and 89465-53190. I don't know why there are two parts, only the second one seems to have a price listed there.

But again, I don't really know for sure, so I recommend checking with someone who does.

They are probably all the same with different connectors on the ends of the leads. I had that with the Tezza when I replaced them.

The fault is in the heater not the actual sensor, all the heater does is get it up to operating temp faster. Buy a generic one, cut the connector off the old one and solder it onto the lead off the new one. Save a load, they are about half the price of the Toyota ones.

• 1 month later...

u shld know evrythng u do to is200 oil change affects the system.pulling out cables etc.anythng tht affects engine perfomance turns that light on.

well the other day i thot let me check my air filter and realised its 1 of those japaneese filters.it was filled with dirt n all torn apart so i put it back n said id buy a new 1 the following day.i did start the car without the filter on n my light came on.so it meant too much air in the engine.so nw i had e light cum on n obviously i knew wat e prob was.replaced it reset my fuses n walla it hasnt cum bk on.

so u might need to check your air filter if its filled up with dirt.

u shld know evrythng u do to is200 oil change affects the system.pulling out cables etc.anythng tht affects engine perfomance turns that light on.

well the other day i thot let me check my air filter and realised its 1 of those japaneese filters.it was filled with dirt n all torn apart so i put it back n said id buy a new 1 the following day.i did start the car without the filter on n my light came on.so it meant too much air in the engine.so nw i had e light cum on n obviously i knew wat e prob was.replaced it reset my fuses n walla it hasnt cum bk on.

seriously, full words and punctuation please.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links