Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Do U Think

I'm planning to get my better half a new system for her Toyota rav4,and found this one.AVIC-HD3BT.Please let me know what u guys think,cheers TERRY

i think you should buy her a tom tom and spend the rest on beer. Its alot to spend on something that will be outdated in 12-18months. On the other hand the ones i have seen are impressive and discreet when not left open.

I'm planning to get my better half a new system for her Toyota rav4,and found this one.AVIC-HD3BT.Please let me know what u guys think,cheers TERRY

i think you should buy her a tom tom and spend the rest on beer. Its alot to spend on something that will be outdated in 12-18months. On the other hand the ones i have seen are impressive and discreet when not left open.

It has to be that one,thats the only way to get her out of my car :shutit: No she been talking of up grading her system,and i dont want to get something she don't want.she can't use the tom tom

Looks pukka Terry, I like it more then the Kenwood (Pioneer has a slightly larger screen),

but the Kenwood is a great piece of kit too.

the pioneer does have a slightly bigger screen 0.05 inch!

kenwood has higher pre outs (5v), is 5:1 built in,

sat nav from a recognised sat nav manufacturer who privides updates and you can access it just like a standard nav for speed cameras and the like,

Bluetooth from parrot inc a2dp streaming (NOT ON PIONEER), txt messages on screen, supports Iphone 3g (only 2g on pioneer) and again updates form parrot

pioneer has a 10g built in hd with optional usb adaptor and optional ipod adaptor

kenwood has USB and ipod connectivity as standard, although a new lead if you want to use video..

kenwood supports divx video, pioneer doesnt

kenwood has 2 av in + rear camera. pioneer has 1 av in and rear camera

AND wait for it Pioneer is £1400 kenwood is £1000

so with the savings between the two you can buy the kenwwod digital tuner and an ipod classic with 120g of storage!!

the pioneer lost this battle before it even started....

Hmmmmm forgot to mention IYO Redz :lol:

You sound like somone who likes Apple Products :whistling:

lol

there is a number of good double din but any spending 1k or more should have the most that they can..

JVC have a few good units out too the 810 without nav is pretty impressive for the price (around £400) as is the JVC KW-NX7000 with nav..

for out and out SQ, features and connectability the 8220 is the daddy!! spent about a day goin through them all!!

The kenwoods certainly got the higher spec, but the mapping looks awful! I'd go for the pioneer purely because of that, otherwise the Kenwood is actually an interesting proposition.........

Confusing why they've gone for the garmin approach, I assume it's cheaper for them and cheaper to update, etc. but didn't they use to use Denso software? I can't remember which but one of the big manufacturers (Alpine, Pioneer or Kenwood) used to have maps that looked identical to the ones in any Lexus :)

Without hearing them both, I'm stuck on the Pioneer for looks.

I'd suggest a visit to car audio security near Heathrow (if they have them both on display) and take along

two copies of your favourite DVD & CD. Then a back to back listen & vision quality, plus a play with the

interfaces will make you fall for one or the other in particular I'm sure. I envy your choice Terry :D

The kenwoods certainly got the higher spec, but the mapping looks awful! I'd go for the pioneer purely because of that, otherwise the Kenwood is actually an interesting proposition.........

Confusing why they've gone for the garmin approach, I assume it's cheaper for them and cheaper to update, etc. but didn't they use to use Denso software? I can't remember which but one of the big manufacturers (Alpine, Pioneer or Kenwood) used to have maps that looked identical to the ones in any Lexus :)

tha nav is essentially a seperate unit built into the chassis.

this means thast you can take advantage of all the garmin updates and hacks etc.. mapping looks fine when in action.. must admit the dual screen bit on the pioneer looks good but have heard that its not the best to use in the uk..

it definatley works better than the old oem nav and my tomtom!

Looks pukka Terry, I like it more then the Kenwood (Pioneer has a slightly larger screen),

sat nav from a recognised sat nav manufacturer who privides updates and you can access it just like a standard nav for speed cameras and the like,

Bluetooth from parrot inc a2dp streaming (NOT ON PIONEER), txt messages on screen, supports Iphone 3g (only 2g on pioneer) and again updates form parrot

pioneer has a 10g built in hd with optional usb adaptor and optional ipod adaptor

kenwood has USB and ipod connectivity as standard, although a new lead if you want to use video..

so with the savings between the two you can buy the kenwwod digital tuner and an ipod classic with 120g of storage!!

Thank Redz,U the man,just got the Kenwood today,and just under 1k.just need u to tell me what all i need,coz i want all the toys to go.If u can get them :winky: or if u got part number,so then i could get them.Cheers, beers on me :D

Thank Redz,U the man,just got the Kenwood today,and just under 1k.just need u to tell me what all i need,coz i want all the toys to go.If u can get them :winky: or if u got part number,so then i could get them.Cheers, beers on me :D

let me know what you want and help u out

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links