Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Deal With The Devil...

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first impresions, so many things have been done, so heres a little list:

ARBS: GET THEM simple as that, the car turnes in quicker and flatter, although the ride is noticebly harder (mabie I need to turn my Konis down a bit?). The traction is so much better with the TTE ARBs, the car feels more planted to the road, just a fantastic upgrade.

3SGTE power: unbelevable acceleration, not overly noisy untill you hit 80mph then it really roars, so a good sterio is needed. No real turbo lag to worry about and mated to the IS 6 speed gearbox very drivable, boost comes on in every gear quickly with out effort, once in 4th (town) or 6th (motorway) its like driving an auto, there is so much torque on tap its easy to forget to change down. It needs a few more revs then the normal engine to get going but not to many. There is a very slight vibration from the engine because it is mounted on 2 mounts not the 4 that an MR2 GTS is mounted on and its a 4 cylinder not a silky smooth 6 cylinder, this was expected though and in no way detracts from the overall pleasure.

Race logic TC system: Owing to an ABS sensor failure (Front O/S) this is not running just yet but is wired in ready to go.

3S200 GTE Vs Scooby Impretza STi (exhaust and induction kit only mods 2003 model): wasted it all the way up to 100mph :D then we ran out of private road yea!!. Its 4wd system eats to much power, although from 70+ it gained on me very quickly, my boost is still set low (1 bar) so not suprising.

Sound system, 1/2 installed ran out of patience yesterday installing it, so went for a long drive!!

Dash needs a lot of work to tidy it up, and some smart repairs where a hands free kit was butchered in by Carphone whorehouse (previous owner had it done and the dash by the radio is well scratched up).

I need bonnet struts seeing as mine were sent to the wrong address by prolex and are now "missing", the standard bonnet stay no longer fits under the bonnet, someone put an induction kit in the way :P

Lots of little jobs are needed to tidy up the interior also so lots to do.......

Sound system, 1/2 installed ran out of patience yesterday installing it, so went for a long drive!!

Dash needs a lot of work to tidy it up, and some smart repairs where a hands free kit was butchered in by Carphone whorehouse (previous owner had it done and the dash by the radio is well scratched up).

I need bonnet struts seeing as mine were sent to the wrong address by prolex and are now "missing", the standard bonnet stay no longer fits under the bonnet, someone put an induction kit in the way :P

Lots of little jobs are needed to tidy up the interior also so lots to do.......

still not recieved your bonet struts yet?

i would be asking for a refund mate.

I need bonnet struts seeing as mine were sent to the wrong address by prolex and are now "missing"

Oh no not another postal saga :o, I hope they turn up matey & soon :)

I will ask my next door neighbour for you Phil ................. you never know :lol:

I need bonnet struts seeing as mine were sent to the wrong address by prolex and are now "missing"

I will ask my next door neighbour for you Phil ................. you never know :lol:

:lol: gord while you there sak them if the came brand new

:lol: gord while you there sak them if the came brand new

No bonnet struts because he posted them to the wrong place. This is the story:

Group buy, everyone asked to supply the delivery address for the struts to be sent to, I gave my home address, I paid with Paypall now on eBay it always shows my current business address, BUT when sending funds away from eBay, it showed an address I haven't used for 3 years I forgot it was even on there (but is a verified address), so Dave sent the struts to that address..............so he said.............. Really what he did was invent an address using one of his friends names as a contact name (not mine), an invented company name (Rising sun tattoo NOT Rising Phoenix Tattoo), the correct road and postcode, in a different county (Bucks NOT Beds). You couldn't make it up really, why can't people just send to the address specified in the original order, or even just copy the address from the screen???

So he wants to do a claim through the post insurance, they won't pay as it is his mistake, next step.... I will ask for a refund or failing that ask the courts to make a ruling if this goes on much longer.................

Now the bad news: car broke(ish) yesterday PM.

The newly built turbo has developed a fault, its leaking oil off boost (nothing to do with TGT's build before anyone starts pointing fingers!!) so I took it back this morning for a check, they will fix the problem asap, but it needs turbo off and sending back to the people that made it. So my monster won't be there on Sunday, I may have to park in the German area if the wife lets me borrow her Porsche.

Not annoyed, just a little gutted as I wanted to show everyone on Sunday as there has been so much done and so much interest in this project. The good news is their electrician is going to fit the new sound system, whilst the car is off the road, and there is a LSD available if my bid for it is accepted.

Sorry to hear this mate, ahh well you did promise me a ride in your car on Sunday,

looks like it will have to be the Porsche then :winky:

It will be better with a good sound install :whistling: then we have a finished product also.

Not upset or worried at all, these things happen and at the end of the day its only metal and that can be fixed, just a shame I can't bring it up on Sunday. I have had a few hundred miles in it and they were brilliant!!

There is nothing in that engine bay that hasn't been cut, welded, fabricated, changed or modded, nothing is standard or straight swap so something as simple as a turbo not working properly is the least of things to worry about, especially as it is under warranty.

yea its :tsktsk: and back at the turbo builders.

I'm just about to jet off to Egypt, so to be honest not really bothered until I get back to the UK, when it should all be done and dusted and properly tuned as it is booked in with the tuner again after the re-build of the tubby.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links