Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A New Sportcross

I seem to have fallen for the Lexus deal bit time - after much umming and ahhing, I have recently changed my (nearly) 3 year old SE for a 200 SportsCross.

Whenever I've changed cars before I've always gone for soemthing completely different, but the local dealer made me an offer I was too weak to resist, plus the 3 years free servicing from Lexus meant that I could justify the expense to the domestic accountant.

I got the dubious 16" alloys upgraded to the standard SE/Sports 17" alloys and a sports grill added, and for an 'estate', I reckon I've got quite a smart looking car now. I didn't realise until I picked it up, but it has those neat smoked-grey rear light clusters too. Should have had it de-badged then I could have pretended to be an IS300.

Funny how some things feel different tho' - initial observations :

- the engine has a meatier growl

- there's more oomph lower down the revs

- cornering is noticeably better - possibly the limited slip diff or more likely the new tyres !

The boot might not be any bigger than the saloon, but it is more practical - been down to the local cash and carry already and it loaded up dead easily.

I've had it for 2 weeks now, and I'm dead chuffed - here's to another 3 years of a happy relationship.

:D :D :D

Money talks ... I had to pay extra to have them, but nobody said they couldn't be fitted. :question: Are you trying to get them with a new car or one you've already got ?

And there doesn't seem to be any difference in handling or road noise between mine with the 17" and the one I took out for a test drive which had the 16" alloys, so I can't see why they "can't be upgraded". :huh:

I suspect Lexus are trying to keep the price of the 200 SportCross as low as they can, keep the options list as minimal as possible, and make sure that the 200 and 300 SportCross maintain their own identities.

The Lexus UK website is enough to confuse anyone about the IS200 Sportcross alloys!! :duh:

The little "Discover the Lexus IS in 3D" animation for the IS200 Sportcross actually shows a Granite Sky IS300 Sportcross which is fitted with the 17" alloys. As for the IS200 Sportcross Picture Gallery, well it shows four pictures of IS200/300 saloons that you can enlarge, and one tiny picture of an IS200 Sportcross that you can't enlarge. Anyone would think Lexus didn't want to show off their baby estate :unsure:

Money talks ... I had to pay extra to have them, but nobody said they couldn't be fitted. :question: Are you trying to get them with a new car or one you've already got ?

They stated categorically that they'd been told by Lexus - no 17" fitted until further notice.............

So yours is a 200 SportCross?  We don't have the 200 here.  What's the difference?

A tiny 2 litre engine vs 3 litre!

2 litre? Is that a 4 cyl or a 6 cyl? If it gets good gas mileage I am surprised we don't have them here. Over here, anything bigger than a VW Beetle gets less than 25 mpg.

So far the best I've gotten from my SportX is 23 mpg all highway.

I guess you get a lot of vehicles that aren't for sale here because of differences in government rules on what's legal and what's not.

Bizarre... wonder why Lexus is refusing to allow people to upgrade to standard 17" wheels (for a cost presumably) on the 200 Sportcross? Especially when the Lexus UK website is so misleading! It's not like the wheel arches have to be modified. Honestly, they'll let you upgrade from plastic scuff-plates to illuminated scuff-plates, but not to 17" alloys. What's the problem? :unsure:

Borrowed an IS 200 SportsCross for the weekend from Lexus Wolverhampton. I was confused by the 16" wheels whereas the IS300 SportsCross has 17" alloys. I found it noiser than my IS200 saloon, also suprised how small the boot is without the seats down. I thought the steering at speed on the motorway was very "nervous" i.e. one little move of the wheel caused a large move of the vehicle. The wife didnt like the light trim with the dark dash, so we will be sticking with the saloon. Question is IS300 or IS200 plus blower? <_<

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links