Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can These Be Sorted?

Rob's Lexx

Hi guys, need some advice from those more in the know than me.

I can get my hands on some nice 11-spoke OEM alloys (see pics), but they have some (bad) damage from 'storage' i think??

Can they be repaired to near mint condition and if so where's the best place to get it done?? Also, what sort of cost would i be looking at per rim??

damaged002.jpg

damaged003.jpg

damaged004.jpg

damaged001.jpg

Thanks in advance guys.

rob

I had my 18" styling kit alloys refurbed by WIM including straightening two of them that had been bent due to a pothole for £200.

Should cost less for those as it's purely superficial, it should be no more than £40-50 per wheel for a standard finish.

so despite the what look like chaunks missing in the pics above, they can be fettled to look like new in the gunmetal colour??

if so that could be a winner!! i haven't bought these yet, but have been offerred them at a reasonable price.

out of interest, how much would you be looking at to have silver wheels refurbed and sprayed in a similar colour to the ones above?? anyone have any ideas??

@redz, fancy dropping me a pm with regards this place in notts?? you had experience with them matey??

so despite the what look like chaunks missing in the pics above, they can be fettled to look like new in the gunmetal colour??

Yep, a decent refurbisher will work wonders on them and get them looking like new.

As for the colour, you will have to check exactly what colour they'll be refurbed as, e.g. get the guy to show you what colour he will make them in case it'll be slightly different. Can be a problem if you are refurbing less than a full set and you want to match colours.

As long as you're having a standard colour then it should be the same cost whichever you choose - only special finishes like black chrome, or diamond cutting cost extra.

As Steve says above, I'd recommend doing the whole set though to make sure the colour matches perfectly.

These are the guys that WIM uses, and the pricelist shows the sort of price you can expect to pay............BJV Engineering

if so that could be a winner!! i haven't bought these yet, but have been offerred them at a reasonable price.

out of interest, how much would you be looking at to have silver wheels refurbed and sprayed in a similar colour to the ones above?? anyone have any ideas??

@redz, fancy dropping me a pm with regards this place in notts?? you had experience with them matey??

its daybrook wheels mate, not used em myself so cant vouch for em but did a decent job on the ones i saw.. might have to dog out the number though..

• 2 weeks later...

them rims look similar to mine and i also need mine doing lol - the guy at nots sounds cheap if he can do it near £35 but the guy wim uses is cheap aswell -

Parthiban what did you do with your car wile the wheels were off it getting repaired?

Parthiban what did you do with your car wile the wheels were off it getting repaired?

I actually had my 17s in the garage so put them on, not sure if WIM has wheels you can borrow. Alternatively BJV can actually keep your car for a few days to do it, but then you don't have a car so depends on your circumstances.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links