Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

got a very slight ticking coming from n/s bank top end i think.think they are adjustable with shims but need tool to get them out i guess.is it worth doing because runs fine.if it is what sort of time and dosh are we looking at...thanx david

got a very slight ticking coming from n/s bank top end i think.think they are adjustable with shims but need tool to get them out i guess.is it worth doing because runs fine.if it is what sort of time and dosh are we looking at...thanx david

Are you sure its not the injectors?

Are you sure its not the injectors?

defo tappets

Hi I think they are hydraulic, a mate of mine with a 93 has the same tapet noise, it started at around the 130000 mile mark, its got 240000 on it now and is still the same. he was told by a lexus mechanic to leave it be. its only slight and audible at tickover.

I dont think your motor is about to self destruct

Hi

Please see the attached anti tappet device.... very simple to use, turn knob shown clockwise about a 1/4 turn and your tappet noise will disappear as if by magic :whistling::whistling:

Pete

LSradio2.jpg

As above, it is shims,not hydraulic, but unless it's really loud, I'd leave it.

Make sure you have some decent oil in!

full lexus service history so should be decent oil.will take advice and leave it has it runs perfect and cant hear it ne how sat in car wiv stereo on.......lol

Hi

Please see the attached anti tappet device.... very simple to use, turn knob shown clockwise about a 1/4 turn and your tappet noise will disappear as if by magic :whistling::whistling:

Pete

LSradio2.jpg

that wont work on mine pete my volume button other side.......

Finally someone is posting pictures that people from NZ can actually view!

The tappets in the no7 cylinder position are a classic "characteristic" of the engine design, apparently the oil feeds weren't perfect and a little wear occurs until the gap is big enough for oil to get in and stop the wear. If you replace the shims it happens all over again. Best to leave it as is, they run forever with it and the best solution is Petes.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links