Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I need two new back tyres for the GS450h. Which? rated several tyres as good including the F!

Trawling the internet shows the F1 to be the cheapest of their best buys, the others being a Michellin SP2, Continental Contact3 and Bridgestones.

Any thoughts on grip, noise and wear please?

Malc

I've got Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics (the successor to the GSD3s) on my IS and found them to be a significant improvement on the Dunlops I used to have in both grip and road noise.

Would recommend them highly :)

I had GSD3s on my IS300 and they were massively better than the OE Yokohamas, better in every way – better grip, quieter, longer lasting. Thoroughly recommended. But I have just bought one pair of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics since I couldn’t get GSD3s anymore. After 40 miles, it’s a bit early to pass judgement.

Thanks for the info.

I've ordered a couple of the Goodyears from my local dealer for £126 each. Given that the Michellins are around £200 I'm happy to have second best :)

ETS (Eden Tyres) in Derby always come up trumps. Best price I could find for the Goodyears on the net was £128 at Blackcircles.co.uk. ETS beat them despite having to buy them in specially.

Malc

Is ETS the place after the bridge near the cash and carry just near the A38 roundabout?

They have several branches I think - all Derby based. The one I always use is on Upperdale Road MAP

I've been going there for years - I always get other quotes but they never beat ETS. Nice bunch of people (no I don't work for them lol)

There is one just off Sir Frank Whittle Way on Alfreton Road - about half a mile fro the A38 Little Eaton roundabout.

Malc

i paid £96 each for the ps2`s 225 45 17.

eagles are v.good tyres

we were gunna get them for the rear of our gs300 sport. but got an unbeatable price on 2 contis.

Yeah, I got some for my sons Beemer at a good price but the 245 40 18s seems to be silly money

eagle f1 asymmetrics came top :)

Didn't Tony say the other day that they didn't handle very well in the 18's? How do you find them mate?

The ones I usually buy have been discontinued so thinking I'll prob end up with Falken FK452s this time around maybe but still looking!

Didn't Tony say the other day that they didn't handle very well in the 18's? How do you find them mate?

Yep I need to follow that up with Tony, I've found them absolutely spot on. Compared to the Dunlop SP Sport 9000s I used to have on, these are miles better, the road noise is much quieter and the grip (especially in the wet) is much improved. It's actually a quite extraordinary difference, first time I had to stop suddenly in the wet really took me by surprise as I stopped much shorter than I was expecting to.

eagle f1 asymmetrics came top :)

The ones I usually buy have been discontinued so thinking I'll prob end up with Falken FK452s this time around maybe but still looking!

Had the FK 452s on my old 300 sport, 275/35/18. I was very impressed with handling and noise levels. Can't comment on wear as I changed to the 430 not too long after. A lot of tyres perform differently dependant on the tyre size and which car they are fitted to.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links