Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What's Needed?

Rob's Lexx

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Helix uprated Clutch, 1G-GTE bottom end, Mildly ported head, Uprated injectors, Custom ex-manifold, Garrett GT28 ballbearing turbo, 2.75" turbo back system with sports cat, Good front mount intercooler, Grooved discs with uprated should be good enough for mid 300 brake with braided lines.

Have to look into injectors for sensible priced ones or can go for extra injector with its own control unit.

Decent ECU or is Greddy E-manage up to the job??

as stav said, is this what ur running mate??

i'm not planning to go a turbo route to be honest fella, and was thinking i could get away with keeping the 1G-FE in tact, i.e not fitting the GTE bottom end. will see what the general consensus is come march time.

what sort of uprated injectors should do the bizzo?? any pointers?? i take it the only reason for the custom exhaust manifold is to fit everything under the hood??

as stav said, is this what ur running mate??

i'm not planning to go a turbo route to be honest fella, and was thinking i could get away with keeping the 1G-FE in tact, i.e not fitting the GTE bottom end. will see what the general consensus is come march time.

what sort of uprated injectors should do the bizzo?? any pointers?? i take it the only reason for the custom exhaust manifold is to fit everything under the hood??

By bottom end Rob i think he means rods and pistons, and possibly crank, you'll def need some sort of rod and piston upgrade whether custom or from the 1ggte (rare to find though)

As for injectors, power enterprise do them, contact them direct is possibly your cheapest bet.

Stav

Sounds like another project is on the cards!!

FWIW I did the sums and also wanted the daily driver thing, with reliability intact and the engine swap came out on top, taking everything that was available to me at the time. Maybe once mine is done you can have a drive. It may change your mind???

I think everyone has their own goals in the modding world and none make £ sence but it does give us all a hell of a lot of fun!!

Good luck with the project, I am sure those that can help will help, see you on the strip.

yea ur project interests me mate as if it proves to be a relatively hassle free, reliable conversion, hitting 300+ bhp, then it may be a route i'd consider.

But i've spoke with a fair few tuners and have had some interesting ideas thrown my way and one in particular has interested me - hence this thread.

as for another project being on the cards - well, i'll know more on that front in a month or so - not had any quotes etc yet and that'll be the determining factor really.

@stav, did you not have a supra?? fuel pump for when ur car went into get mapped??

yea ur project interests me mate as if it proves to be a relatively hassle free, reliable conversion, hitting 300+ bhp, then it may be a route i'd consider.

But i've spoke with a fair few tuners and have had some interesting ideas thrown my way and one in particular has interested me - hence this thread.

as for another project being on the cards - well, i'll know more on that front in a month or so - not had any quotes etc yet and that'll be the determining factor really.

@stav, did you not have a supra?? fuel pump for when ur car went into get mapped??

Ive got one but its not in...yet.

i've got the Uk spec one, but not sure thats the straight fit one.

the difference between the two is that on the Jap spec the inlet and outlets are on the same side, and opposing on the UK one. I think the IS one is on the same side but never seen one so not sure.

Stav

• 4 weeks later...

well looks like my initial plans may have to be re-thought. can't justify the price-tag i've just been quoted (meant to be hearing from a couple other people shortly though) - although the work has potential to get me wayyyy past 400 ponies....

currently debating over engine swap or car swap!!lol!! why o why is modding so addictive?!?!

well looks like my initial plans may have to be re-thought. can't justify the price-tag i've just been quoted (meant to be hearing from a couple other people shortly though) - although the work has potential to get me wayyyy past 400 ponies....

currently debating over engine swap or car swap!!lol!! why o why is modding so addictive?!?!

Who you been talking to Rob ? if you dont mind me asking ? pm me if you like or call :D

I would have thought any major power increase would be the thick end of 4K probably more, depending on what your car already has done to it. I would be very surprised if it wasn't. Some conversions i was quoted were almost double what I am paying....

I would have thought any major power increase would be the thick end of 4K probably more, depending on what your car already has done to it. I would be very surprised if it wasn't. Some conversions i was quoted were almost double what I am paying....

I seen some emails from internet tuning place that they have sent to members on here, saying this and that, costs this and that, and the tuning company have not even done one conversion yet :o

@yeldarb, 4K is peanuts to what i was quoted mate :shutit: :ohmy:

the price of your conversion is very tempting, providing the power delivery, reliability and final build is all as it should be. I'm watching your thread with interest matey.

mind you, there are a couple of other tuners i'm waiting to hear back from so may get more realistic hopefully, lol!!

@gord, yea i know what u mean mate. :duh: :shutit:

Who you been talking to Rob ? if you dont mind me asking ? pm me if you like or call :D

pm sent mate

@yeldarb, 4K is peanuts to what i was quoted mate :shutit: :ohmy:

the price of your conversion is very tempting, providing the power delivery, reliability and final build is all as it should be. I'm watching your thread with interest matey.

mind you, there are a couple of other tuners i'm waiting to hear back from so may get more realistic hopefully, lol!!

@gord, yea i know what u mean mate. :duh: :shutit:

Yea I know how lucky I am. But being a Guinea pig has its draw backs, like time, although to be fair I have told them to take as much time as necessary!!

cheers for the link guys.

those rods look the part, but pistons needed also, then my method of power delivery, then someone to fabricate custome manifold etc etc and rebuild the engine. it all adds up i guess and i wasn't expecting it to be cheap, but i was quoted a lot more than i had accounted for!!

at stav, whats the 2Jz and the RB engine?? (thats not what i was looking into - i was planning on sticking with the 1G-FE)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links