Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Can You Get Composite Av Lead Extenders?

aido

I'm thinking about laying some AV cables from the glovebox to the boot, just wondered if it's possible to get breakout boxes with the 3 RCAs on one end going to a panel with three connections on, the yellow composite video, and left and right audio?

I'm going to pop into a local store tomorrow to see what they have but just wondered if any of you knew of anything like that please?

The problem is I don't know what they are called so I can't find them on Google, this is the kind of thing I've after for the glovebox end:

RPES.JPG

And then have that breakout say 2 meters away into the connections I need?

Thanks in advance

Hi Aido,

Are these what you are looking for?

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg01138...equestid=191968

Breakout leads 2m here

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg00275...equestid=192816

Then just grab some 5m or 10m phono to phono plug leads to phono sockets to extend if needed

If you want me to order them PM me.

post-12144-1235079136.jpg

Ah that looks like the sort of thing I'm after, any ideas how long they are as standard mate as it doesn't say on that site?

To be honest I reckon 2 meters would be more than enough, it's just from the glovebox to the boot area so that I can plug in whatever I want into the TV :D

Aye good idea - I'm gonna pop down Keene in the morning and pick one up and I can do a test fit in the car park and run back in to get exactly what I need then, will probably buy a few items for what I need :D

It'll be right good if I can get it all working :D

Thanks fellas :)

PMSL :D

Is that CPC a trade place then mate?

I feel a right mong as I was trying to find info everywhere on that thing I first found at Keene as per my first pic, turns out it wasn't giving me any info as NoScript in Firefox was blocking it!

It's a 1m long jobbie that one I linked too, noticed that you can get 6 ft ones from the USA, think I might grab one of those but have decided to hang fire and see if I can get the other audio channel wired in first :)

real easy to find mate..

richer sounds in nottingham have a box of good quality audio cables in 1/2 price sale.

all you need is 3 phone cables, in fact i have a 5m one you can have just need a single lead then to get all 3!

CPC is trade and non-trade, if you just walk in and place your order they dont ask either way.

I get most of my diy electrical bits from there as you get to view what you order before you pay for it, so if its not what you wanted you dont have to buy it, they also do great bargain bucket deals in store too.

i'd get more like 5m mate, better to be safe and youll be surprised how short 2m is.

Yep I agree, when Wozza and I were putting the voice activation switch in my car, think we added 5m to the original 2m cable to get from the satnav computer in the boot to the dash and we almost used all of it...........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links