Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Everyone, From A Happy New Is200 Owner

superblackbird

Hi, just bought a 1999 is200 se auto and i'm a very happy bunny, have owned a wide range of cars over the years including 3 brand new ones within the last 10 years and i've just parted with an fto to buy this is200, it's everything I was expecting and more and i'm a lot happier with this car than the new ones I've owned even though this is 10 years old.

Got a few little niggles to sort out, one being on braking I get a VERY small wobble on the steering wheel at around 40mph which I put down to tyres/balancing but after having a new set fitted yesterday it's made no difference, don't think it's warped brake discs because I would feel it at braking whatever the speed wouldn't I? maybe it's just me being over sensitive!!

The other is I think near side rear shock has gone because it clunks in that area going over bumps

And the last niggle is the alloys need re-furbing, comman problem I believe with toyota alloys

It's got full leather which I believe is quite rare (would have preferred half leather half suede though) and has been well looked after with previous disabled owner having changed cambelt twice in the last 5 years despite only covering 20k in that time.

Hi, just bought a 1999 is200 se auto and i'm a very happy bunny, have owned a wide range of cars over the years including 3 brand new ones within the last 10 years and i've just parted with an fto to buy this is200, it's everything I was expecting and more and i'm a lot happier with this car than the new ones I've owned even though this is 10 years old.

Got a few little niggles to sort out, one being on braking I get a VERY small wobble on the steering wheel at around 40mph which I put down to tyres/balancing but after having a new set fitted yesterday it's made no difference, don't think it's warped brake discs because I would feel it at braking whatever the speed wouldn't I? maybe it's just me being over sensitive!!

The other is I think near side rear shock has gone because it clunks in that area going over bumps

And the last niggle is the alloys need re-furbing, comman problem I believe with toyota alloys

It's got full leather which I believe is quite rare (would have preferred half leather half suede though) and has been well looked after with previous disabled owner having changed cambelt twice in the last 5 years despite only covering 20k in that time.

Hi welcome, your brake problem could be sticking caliper mate, common problem, as the car's getting older now.

New shock's or coilovers will sort that.

Yep the alloys on Lexus not very good mate.

The past owner must have put the leather in at some point mate.

Welcome to LOC :)

The IS200 didn't have full leather until 2004, so if your car has it it's because the previous owner either had the interior retrimmed or swapped the seats with a newer car - to call it rare is an understatement!

I'm sure if you prefer the half leather seats, there would be a few people on here who would be happy to do a swap + a bit of cash type arrangement :whistling:

Thanks for all the welcome's!! was it not an upgrade option for the full leather then? someone has gone to the expense of having it re-trimmed or swapping it out of a much later car, surely the half suedes are comfier aren't they?

If they look standard seats ? they are prob out of Is300, as the Is300 had full leather as standard :D

Hi SuperBlackbird.... I'm recently new to the site too..... got some really helpful support... from long term members. :)

Talking of which I need some more guy's.... It's still to do with my last post. I'm returning back to the UK bought a brand new IS250 last year (April)...10,600Km on the clock (I got help with the conversion from Km's to Mph) The problem now is Warranty... anyone know what the score is? I've contacted the dealership in Perth WA, where I bought the car from, but they tell me it's not world wide... I've tried contacting Toyota directly... but still no response...

Again any help would be gratefully received.... :unsure:

Subiaco

That's an interesting point on the warranty - never heard of anyone doing what you're doing - may be worth asking Lexus GB - they're on 0845 278 8888

You'd hope they'd take the sensible option but worth checking with them to see what they reckon.

It's a good point though as Dave has that IS350 he brought in from Japan and I don't know what the situation is with that - shame he's not on here very much anymore as he'd be the man there again!

How much is it going to cost to bring the car over here?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links