Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Road Tax

Parthiban

Just found out today that I've forgotten to renew my road tax - and it was due in November! :o

Bit stupid really, I rented my apartment out and moved back into the parents place a few months ago and completely forgot to change the address on my V5 - I have a mail redirect on but the renewal must have got lost in the post and I didn't even think about it so the first I've heard is when the penalty came in the post today!

Could complain I never got the renewal I guess but can't be bothered, I've been doing pretty well on penalty fines lately and here's another one to add to the pile :sick:

Only thing that was a little confusing, is that despite the system all being electronic and stuff, it took them almost 3 months to realise I didn't have tax. It's dumb though, could have got myself into a lot of trouble, think I'm going to tuck the car away in the garage until this is sorted out :)

Gutted mate,

though you dont really have a leg to stand on surrounding the renewal, its your responsibility not theres.

Yeah you're right, and given the fine is only £40 if I pay within 2 weeks, it's hardly worth the hassle

didnt you check the dax disc yourself earlier

Nah, I've been pretty busy so just completely slipped my mind - silly thing is that I knew it was a November renewal, and when my dad asked me today whether I'd renewed my road tax (he had seen the letter before me) I was convinced I had already done it! :lol:

oh right 40 quid not bad, and to be honest 3 months it a long time for them to realise, should be lucky there did not pay a visit and clamp it lol

Yeah I got off lightly, always watching them with those ANPR cameras on police interceptors and they can impound the car.........

£40 is a right bargain!

They have the ANPR cameras at Meadowhall I think, the police are just parked up near there pulling people up all the time, usually in one of their fancy Evos too!

It's dumb though, could have got myself into a lot of trouble, think I'm going to tuck the car away in the garage until this is sorted out :)

Have you sent in a SORN if you're having it off the road and not taxing it? They could well have you again if you don't

It's not off the road........all sorted now though, paid the fine and the case is closed. Just need to get a tax disc from the post office tomorrow and all will be fine :)

It's dumb though, could have got myself into a lot of trouble, think I'm going to tuck the car away in the garage until this is sorted out :)

Have you sent in a SORN if you're having it off the road and not taxing it? They could well have you again if you don't

It's not off the road........all sorted now though, paid the fine and the case is closed. Just need to get a tax disc from the post office tomorrow and all will be fine :)

You Jammy gitt mate......how did you get away with driving it with these fancy cops cars that know your car isn't taxed and how come only a £40 fine when they say it is a £80 fine if you forget to sorn it.... :whistling:

You Jammy gitt mate......how did you get away with driving it with these fancy cops cars that know your car isn't taxed and how come only a £40 fine when they say it is a £80 fine if you forget to sorn it.... :whistling:

I have no idea, and the more I think about it the more relieved I am I didn't get caught on the road. Technically the fine is £80, but they reduce it to £40 if you pay within 2 weeks (similar to other fines)

Yep, I've been all over London and somehow been extremely lucky :shutit:

@Dave: Yeah they charged the fine, and also £35 for the tax from November to this point - when I buy my tax in the post office, will it go till next Jan or Feb?

End of January I would think. They have charged you for December and January backtax @£17.50 per month. Do it online and see if you can win a car!

Got my tax today, and yep goes till Jan - could have been cheeky and got it on Monday meaning I'd get a free month but I'm sure they wouldn't let me get away with it!

Did it in the post office as I still haven't changed the address on the V5 (reason why this happened in the first place) so didn't want the disc to get lost in the post :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links