Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Here...

100% markup is the norm on retail goods. Be it a Supercharger or a mug. Misrepresenting goods is not the norm. Whichever way you look at it, Dave advertised them as "New", Asi and Patrik contacted Dave and he held them back (for shipping purposes) as they had already sold them to Markus. Asi and Patrik quite rightly thought they were getting chargers that Dave had previously owned and advertised as new. One way or another, Dave knew they were not going to get what they thought they were getting, which was new chargers. In my book, that is pretty damn poor especially after the all the holier than thou sh*t stirring with TDI we had to put up with from Dave.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few facts for the record

..Prolex did not state that the chargers were brand new, in fact Prolex never stated anything !

http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:Mg4Nq...=clnk&gl=se

prolex.jpg

Good job you have this as well Patrik, as it now looks to have gone from Prolex web site :whistling:

was trying to find this but it was removed as soon as they were sold. goon on patrik he cached it...

but its meaningless as your contract is with Markus !

Well how thing turn around then mate, do you remember me getting some coilovers of Dave Prolex ??? you might of been part of prolex then, i know Zee was ?

Well i did and the top mounts was not the right one's, and i bet you know what im about to say next................... well he said not his problem, i had to sort with Alex from H/kong, as thats where he got them from :o seens different now then ?????

Never did get my money back thinking about things now :o but as i said before, who needs mates like Dave :winky:

patrik you got the charger yet?

Not yet, mate. I've at least discovered that there are two packages, weighting 11,9 and 19,2 kg. I only got the tracking number for one of them, but the other one has arrived here in Enköping. The heavier package arrived in Stockholm 4am today, so it just has a few more miles to go. Hopefully I can pick it up on my way home from work, in about two hours.

Finally... I've picked up my supercharger kit and I've got nothing else to say than I'm totally happy with it :)

Everything was neatly packaged in bubble wrap and the supercharger was sealed with tape. I would lie if I told you everything is brand new, but the most important part is the supercharger itself. I took it to the only Swedish Lexus mechanic who's been working with the TTE superchargers, for his opinion. He told me I should go with this one and I agree. I'm not entirely sure how the charger should look on the inside, but it doesn't look used at all from what I can see. I took a few photos for you to judge. There is some corrosion on the outside, but I can easily rub most of it off using one of my fingers. The airbox is a mk1 model, made of FRP. I spoke to Friedel Beyer at TTE earlier today and he explained what the differences are between the mk1 and mk2 supercharger kits.

dsc1091fix.jpg

dsc1088fix.jpg

dsc0419fix.jpg

dscn2168fix.jpg

dsc0426fix.jpg

Finally... I've picked up my supercharger kit and I've got nothing else to say than I'm totally happy with it :)

Everything was neatly packaged in bubble wrap and the supercharger was sealed with tape. I would lie if I told you everything is brand new, but the most important part is the supercharger itself. I took it to the only Swedish Lexus mechanic who's been working with the TTE superchargers, for his opinion. He told me I should go with this one and I agree. I'm not entirely sure how the charger should look on the inside, but it doesn't look used at all from what I can see. I took a few photos for you to judge. There is some corrosion on the outside, but I can easily rub most of it off using one of my fingers. The airbox is a mk1 model, made of FRP. I spoke to Friedel Beyer at TTE earlier today and he explained what the differences are between the mk1 and mk2 supercharger kits.

dsc1091fix.jpg

dsc1088fix.jpg

dsc0419fix.jpg

dscn2168fix.jpg

dsc0426fix.jpg

Very good news Patrik, well pleased for you :D

the supercharger looks good - the rotor lobe edges are perfect - i would say its never been used.

Ask friedel for the newer spring for the bypass as you have the older spring which can break.

I would also replace the 3 small screw on the fron of the supercharger pulley for higher quality items as the originals are quite soft and can break

Looks good to me.

I wonder if Dave-Prolex inspected Asi's? and it was a genuine mistake??????

dont know if it was a genuine mistake.

No, nether do I really. It would be nice to think you weren't deliberately ripped off, We will never know though.

the supercharger looks good - the rotor lobe edges are perfect - i would say its never been used.

Ask friedel for the newer spring for the bypass as you have the older spring which can break.

I would also replace the 3 small screw on the fron of the supercharger pulley for higher quality items as the originals are quite soft and can break

i would definately agree with this and recommend it to another supercharger owner.

which 3 springs are those. where would you get them from as i will replace them when i get my kit. i was also wondering where would i find a new belt from?

no mate - 3 screws on the front of the pulley - change them for higher quality items as the originals are weak and will snap over time, also ask TTE for the revised spring to open the bypass.

for the belt and motor factor will have or can get them its a 5pk800 belt, if you cant get a 800 belt get one a bit smaller.

which 3 springs are those. where would you get them from as i will replace them when i get my kit. i was also wondering where would i find a new belt from?

no mate - 3 screws on the front of the pulley - change them for higher quality items as the originals are weak and will snap over time, also ask TTE for the revised spring to open the bypass.

for the belt and motor factor will have or can get them its a 5pk800 belt, if you cant get a 800 belt get one a bit smaller.

sorry rob i meant the 3 scres in the first post. where would i find the screws and links like eBay etc. i would email tte soon. any link to belt.

no need for a link to a belt, any car spares place will have or be able to get them.

for bolts i have ordered from here before and would suggest a bolt like this http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/stainlessbol...634Q2ec0Q2em322 you will need to remove the original screw and measure it and when replacing remember to use a bit of thread lock.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links