Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Productive 2 Weekends

Ok we start last weekend

Spent the Saturday trying to find my new brakes, eventually went to Lexus Woodford top service as usual items in stock even a discount for being part of LOC

fitted the brakes, now don’t bite my head of guys but this was the ummmm bake brake pad honestly it went so quick I had no idea there was still about 5mm left on the other side I don’t have pic of the disc as I forgot

IMAG0024.jpg

Sunday I washed, SRP, Paint renovator, EGP

IMAG0029.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0027.jpg

Finished article

IMAG0025-1.jpg

Now the fun begins

I had the following jobs to be done

• New intercooler
    New intercooler Lights
    Old exhaust off
    New exhaust on
    Reposition front camera, de mist, re seal
    Move horns

Here is the new intercooler Lexus key shows the size

IMAG0031.jpg

Fitted to the car old intercooler below it to show size

IMAG0032.jpg

Finished article

DSCF0129.jpg

It looks like is fallen slightly on one side will rectify this next weekend when I put some nice shiny Jubilee clips on

Also shown are the repositioned horns

Hidden front camera

IMAG0037.jpg

Looks great from inside the car

So now the exhaust what can I say was a pain for the past few weekends so I had a chat with the local kwick fit and they kindly agreed to cut the bolts of and put new bolts on for me at no charge great guys down thee and they loved the car

So anyway new exhaust going on it arrived like this

03022009801.jpg

03022009800.jpg

After a short while with some tender TLC

03022009803.jpg

03022009802.jpg

Rabs

So now onto fitting

Car jacked up

DSCF0121.jpg

Cat - centre section ready to be undone thanks to Kwick Fit

DSCF0123.jpg

All polished ready to go on

DSCF0120.jpg

Old exhaust off

DSCF0124.jpg

When I fitted the new one I went to helfrauds and got some loctite exhaust gasket squeegee tube thing worked great no mess squirted around the seals and bolted it back together

Now on the car awaiting alignment

DSCF0127.jpg

It’s on the car I know it’s not fully straight yet but I will worry about that next weekend, I believe its jut the brackets that need bending

DSCF0128.jpg

Here is the finished article from last night

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

Now this next pic just imagine your driving down the road at night well dusk and you see this

Speeding up in your rear view mirror what would you think..................................................

IMAG0036.jpg

Cheers all

Rabs

That all looks great mate. Fantastic job. out of interest, how long did it take to remove the front bumper?

Nice one,

Phil

Bumper came off in under 15minutes just make sure your carefull i have it on and off a fewtimes now so got it down to an art especially single handed lol

i think its 6 bolts on underneath tray (only have 2 now due to intercooler)

2 poppers in either wheel arch

1 bolt in either wheel arch

remove poppers in engine pay from grill 2 either side

lower onto a cardboard box or blanket remove all connections for fogs

headlight washers etc may need a bottle for this one i had a 2ltr on standbye

basicly it i have the walthrough that some one else has done somewhere but not needed it since middle of last year lol

Rabs

Nice work mate, the lights look awesome, even angrier than wozza's angry lights!

Crazy what happened to that brake pad, how did it wear so much on one side and not the other? Problem with the caliper?

Nice work mate, the lights look awesome, even angrier than wozza's angry lights!

Crazy what happened to that brake pad, how did it wear so much on one side and not the other? Problem with the caliper?

Well wozza's was only a tester :whistling::tomato:

i dont know about the brake and the rac man couldnt answer either it was strange the front of the drivers brake pad was fine as was the disc but the rear buggered with no explanation

All i can think is that it it got stuck but surely it would have worn both sides afterall would be clamping down you would think....

the only other thought is maybe the 2 V clips that sit on top of the brake pads between the pads and the calliper dissintegrated and made the pads wear more (still missing for now)

Rabs

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links