Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Powertec Induction Kit

MattyP

Hi just bought a powertec induction kit, i know your all thinking the pipe work is directed over the manifold = heat but will this really affect the air temp as the manifold has heat sheild?? :whistling: well the fact is i got it cheap, so thought id give it ago, all im trying to figure out is the best way to get cold air to it, any one got any suggestions?? all i could thing of was running a cold air feed from the hole next to the p/s fog light up through underneath to the cone? good or bad idea??

thanks alot

Hi just bought a powertec induction kit, i know your all thinking the pipe work is directed over the manifold = heat but will this really affect the air temp as the manifold has heat sheild?? :whistling: well the fact is i got it cheap, so thought id give it ago, all im trying to figure out is the best way to get cold air to it, any one got any suggestions?? all i could thing of was running a cold air feed from the hole next to the p/s fog light up through underneath to the cone? good or bad idea??

thanks alot

Good idea i think, that's exactly the sort of thing I'd do in your situation. You could even extend your pipework so that the filter/cone sits directly behind the intake.

thanks alot

Good idea i think, that's exactly the sort of thing I'd do in your situation. You could even extend your pipework so that the filter/cone sits directly behind the intake.

sorry a little lost lol, In regards to pipework, which do you mean? the air feed ducting, or the siliacone hose to the throttle body? just a little more description if poss as i want to get it as good as possible mate

thankyou

It is a good idea I've seen a few do it on here & I believe it makes a difference, JasonL has done this as I saw it on his at the Sprint Day :)

sounds like i may be doing the right thing then. how can i talk to jasonL, sorry i am new to this club and not a lot of know how in terms of using it!! lol do you think i will notice an increase in engine temp as i read in a forum earlier that a guy had almost trippled his engine temp using similar kit and had to cut and re map the path of the the air intake hose so that it did not passover the engine. or is this just bull??

^^^^^^^not heard of that.

Have you got a link?

sorry to be a dipstick, but what do u mean?? not to hot on tech!! lol :blink:

Stav's asking if you've got a link to the forum posting that you just mentioned about someone tripling the intake temp. If you go to that forum and look at the posting then the "URL" (the web address) for that posting should be in the address bar near the top of the screen, starting with "http://" etc.

You can copy and paste that link into the forum here. Right-click on the link in the address bar and there should be a "Copy" option. Pick that, and then post here on LOC and right-click and use "Paste" to paste in that address here.

Hope that helps !

^^^^^^^not heard of that.

Have you got a link?

sorry to be a dipstick, but what do u mean?? not to hot on tech!! lol :blink:

Stav's asking if you've got a link to the forum posting that you just mentioned about someone tripling the intake temp. If you go to that forum and look at the posting then the "URL" (the web address) for that posting should be in the address bar near the top of the screen, starting with "http://" etc.

You can copy and paste that link into the forum here. Right-click on the link in the address bar and there should be a "Copy" option. Pick that, and then post here on LOC and right-click and use "Paste" to paste in that address here.

Hope that helps !

cheers steve makes sense now. will find the post and try put it on here

Sounds like your on about the kit i made? after i did induction temp tests on the pipercross kit that i had fitted which is basicly the same as the powertec kit? the kits like the pipercross and powertec are crap for induction temps!

The pipercross kit i had fitted gave out stupidly high intake temps which is no good for induction!

So i made a new kit to bring down the temps which worked a lot better that the pipercross kit? :D

Sounds like your on about the kit i made? after i did induction temp tests on the pipercross kit that i had fitted which is basicly the same as the powertec kit? the kits like the pipercross and powertec are crap for induction temps!

The pipercross kit i had fitted gave out stupidly high intake temps which is no good for induction!

So i made a new kit to bring down the temps which worked a lot better that the pipercross kit? :D

hello mate sounds like i may need to do what you did then. i mean your never looking at any real increase in power from an induction kit are you? but i presume the temp would effect it either way by a couple bhp?

Also when you made yours did you disect your pipercross kit to get the right angles mate? cheers :D

hello mate sounds like i may need to do what you did then. i mean your never looking at any real increase in power from an induction kit are you? but i presume the temp would effect it either way by a couple bhp?

Also when you made yours did you disect your pipercross kit to get the right angles mate? cheers :D

Hello matey,

No mate i made a complete new setup when i did mine, brought the pipework on eBay, cost around £40 to make in the end and it brought the intake temps down quite a lot plus my car seemed to run a lot better with it fitted :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links