Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Stereo Headunit Problems Again!

Finally got my unit installed along with my sub and amp. Altho wheh I went to play a DVD it just shows the screen "do not watch whilst driving" which is fine except i was parked with only the key to ACC. I contacted the company and they said I have to connect the cable from the back of the headunit to the handbrake cable? has anyone else had to do this? I am now hugely regretting buying a headunit from a brand ive never heard of, even though it was from Car Audio Direct, anyway any help would be great as always!

Finally got my unit installed along with my sub and amp. Altho wheh I went to play a DVD it just shows the screen "do not watch whilst driving" which is fine except i was parked with only the key to ACC. I contacted the company and they said I have to connect the cable from the back of the headunit to the handbrake cable? has anyone else had to do this? I am now hugely regretting buying a headunit from a brand ive never heard of, even though it was from Car Audio Direct, anyway any help would be great as always!

thats fairly standard for any brand mate.. what did you get?

just ground that cable and all will be fine..

Yep, it's looking for an earthed connection, and the idea is that you connect it to the handbrake so that it's earthed when you have the handbrake on, i.e. you can only watch DVDs when stationary. But if you want, you can just put it to a permanent earth so that you can have DVDs on while on the move - only for your passenger though, obviously ! :winky:

Hahaha oh yeh, of course :winky:

Nice one cheers, it was a Beat 550 cd/dvd player, it sounds pretty decent for what im looking for, but just had a few problems early on with it, but hopefully thats it all sorted :D

If you take the gear trim surround off (very easy), then there are some handy bolts under there connected to the chassis. So if you connect the cable in there, it'll be earthed and hey presto! your DVDs will work.

thats where i connect the wire and works fine mate.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links