Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mobile Phone Upgrade

My dad's trusty V3 recently decided it doesn't want to live anymore so was trying to get an upgrade for him from T-mobile, but they wouldn't offer anything at all really. He pays around £15/month so not a big user, but even so he hasn't upgraded in many many years so thought that would count for something. Even saying that we don't mind moving up to £20/month and signing an 18 month contract made no difference.

Anyhow, requested his PAC hoping that he'd get a call from an outbound team (I do the same on vodafone and get a call within a few days asking what I'd like to stay) but nothing.........

So thinking that either maybe things have changed, or T-mobile really doesn't care, wondered into phones4u today and was a little surprised at the response. The guy said he could give us a free phone (SE T303 - pretty basic but exactly the sort of thing we were looking for) on upgrade plus £20 cashback all staying on the same £15/month and only a 12 month contract.

In the end they couldn't actually do it as T-mobile wouldn't let it through (claiming that because we requested the PAC they can't upgrade, but I think they were lying) but we'll go back next week and get it sorted (even said he might be able to get them to knock a bit extra off the line rental)

What totally confused me is that surely T-mobile pay Phones4u some form of commission for the sale? So wouldn't it have been better for them to give us a free phone at £20/month for 18 months than this deal now? :duh:

try buymobilephones.net

you can get basic phones on 18 month contract for 20 per month with 260 automatic cashback

the thing about the PAC would not affect anything

Cheers for that, some interesting deals on there (look like they're the new onestopphoneshop) - will give them a ring and see what they can do on upgrade too before deciding what to do :)

I didn't think the PAC would make a difference either, they were clearly lying to prevent the upgrade going through, and then when we asked to cancel the PAC so we could upgrade, the department that handles it "conveniently" had their systems down..........

T-mobile seem to have really gone downhill.

wouldnt give me an upgrade one month early (even though they'd get my third renewal with them) so i cancelled there and then, paid the fee and went and got another phone the same day, got £50 cash back from the shop and then sold my old phone and ended up making money over the cancellation fee.

And i will never go back.

Yeah their CS is awful, Vodafone have been great (I had a thread on here a while ago when they offered me an upgrade at 9 months) but I'm a little worried about them now as well with the way they seem to be trying to stop 12 month contracts........

Hi

Just from my personal experience with T mobile/Duetche telecom when I lived in Germany, I had big problems with them due to a number of mistakes on their part, I will never buy anouther product with them again. I have just had a bad experience with an upgrade on 2 phones from network 3 aswell ( rude & unhelpfull customer service ) both phones sent were faulty & not fit for my needs, had about a 3 hour argument with them & only managed to get 1 phone changed, I will be going to anouther network in 18 months. just My peneths worth

I really do not get mobile phone companies. Surely they are the perfect model on how not to keep a customer.

They work on the principle of there only being 4 or 5 of them, and you will keep switching round. I think they are all as bad as each other, to be honest.

I remember the good ol' days of Orange in about '98-'99, where they would answer the phone after just a couple of rings with 'Hello Mr Xxxxx, how can I help you?' Those days are looooong gone... :-( That was when the MD was a guy called Hans Snook, who knew how to run a company properly, and unfortunately left after Orange was bought by France Telecom.

never ever use carphone warehouse, i got a call from there india call centre to say i was due an upgrade as my contract was nearly up,i said leave it with me and i would look on the internet or call into a store,

this person then upgraded my phone to a higher tariff picked me a new phone and sent it to an address 300 miles away, changed my details on there system and put me on a new 18 month deal.

its taken me 8 weeks to sort it out as every time i call they say sorry you are giving us the wrong details ring back when you have the correct address for the account? how am i suppossed to no this when somebody in india changed it.

turns out the person was part of some fraud sending new phones out to another address and changing customer details so you have great difficulty resolving the problem even though your paying for the phone and cant cancel the contact as you cant answer the security questions.

never ever use these con people

my recommendation will always be buymobilephones.net

I used them last year with a free lcd tv, the phone came next day, with instructions on how to claim for the, i sent the form the same day of the phone arriving, which was a friday and by the next wednesday I had the gift.

i tried to use them this time for a new contract, but with my credit score being sooo low, there refused me, so just when down the line in upgrading my contract with orange.

i've been O2 for 6 years and i've never had a problem with their deals, service or signal. they always solve any issues or questions i have quickly and i wouldn't change to any other provider. i deal with them direct too so i don't have to deal with the likes of carphone warehouse or phones4U - been there and never again!

i've been O2 for 6 years and i've never had a problem with their deals, service or signal. they always solve any issues or questions i have quickly and i wouldn't change to any other provider. i deal with them direct too so i don't have to deal with the likes of carphone warehouse or phones4U - been there and never again!

Yep regardless of where I buy anything I always stay on a contract direct with the network, never go near any of those third party operators............

Just got a blinding deal with Orange on an HTC Touch HD :D (Solo 45 price plan direct with Orange)

I have been with T-Mobile for 10 years, but they couldn't match what Orange offered me on a business contract,

(2000 any network anytime mins/200 free texts plus unlimited free UK landline calls) plus I got the phone I really wanted so am a very happy bunny. Also as a business customer they are giving me free broadband too :yahoo:

Normally within my last month of contract I call t-mobile up and tell them I am leaving and they bend over backwards

to give me what I want, but they couldn't do it this time as they have the G1 instead of what phone I was after, they did get close with the airtime deal, but with Orange I get free insurance (saving me £7.99/month) and with the free broadband offer (currently paying £19.99/month) I am nearly £28/month better off. Yaaaay :D :D :D

Nice one Woz, that sounds like a pretty good deal, let me know what the TouchHD is like when you get it :)

I really want an HTC Magic, but Vodafone are not playing ball with the upgrade - they're trying to force me on to an 18month contract and as such as offering stupid prices on a 12 month contract...........

After a lot of badgering I'm finally down to £100 for the handset, maybe if they offer £50 I might take it............

BTW I'm loving the HTC Touch HD :)

What kind of touch screen does the touch HD have? And does it have more front end to avoid using WM too much or is it all pretty much the same as before?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links