Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Track Day Help Please

Where would I go for a Track Day locally? How much is it on average?, do you bring your own car or what, is it 'dangerous' especially if all you have is a standard driving license? How far in advance do you have to book?

Good sites for information? Thanks in advance.

All depends where you are.

For track days you DONT need a race licence, for racing you do which costs around £250 and its called an ARDS test.

MSV (motor sport vision) who own/run brands, Snett, Oulton, Cadwell, and bed ford

http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/

They have a good amount of track days for cars and bikes, with novice days etc.

All depends on where your based etc.

Also all tracks will have a noise limit but depending on time of day/year will change from around 95db being lowest to 105-108 being loudest unless you get a unlimited day but this will be rare as most tracks are only allowed a set amount per year and usually all taken for racing.

As long as your not toooooo crazy and take it easy you should be fine, most important things to have on first track day, good tyres and brakes.

Don't some track days mandate the wearing of a crash helmet ? Or is that always optional (I noticed it seemed to be optional on the link that Chris provided, but I seemed to remember it being mandated at a previous LOC track even, though I could be wrong) ?

Just wondered if that's something you need to check.

Don't some track days mandate the wearing of a crash helmet ? Or is that always optional (I noticed it seemed to be optional on the link that Chris provided, but I seemed to remember it being mandated at a previous LOC track even, though I could be wrong) ?

Just wondered if that's something you need to check.

I think all MSV sites make you wear one, they have them for hire at the track though

Bookatrack linky here have a couple at Oulton Park in August, though maybe cheaper to do one through Javelin as Chris's link in post #3. & Javelin also have tuition at a decent price if you want to get a bit of guidance.

An 'Airfield' day somewhere maybe a good starter rather than a full blown track as there's less to hit :whistling:

Quite a few companies have cars that you can use rather than using your own but the prices tend to reflect this.

All are well organised and safety is always paramount & they take into consideration whether you are a novice; intermediate or experienced and you will need to wear a lid which you can usually hire at approx £15 for the day.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links