Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Need A Key For Ls 400 Single Button

i only have one key for my 94 ls 400. have asked lexus and they want £140 but they cant me if it needs to be programed or not !

can anybody shed any light? i have seen on eBay keys but they are 3 button,i only have one button, i have been told you can get a key for a £10 but it will only open the door. not what i want i want a fully functing one ideas anyone :unsure:

is it anything like this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-1-Button-Key-...%3A1%7C294%3A50

i only have one key for my 94 ls 400. have asked lexus and they want £140 but they cant me if it needs to be programed or not !

can anybody shed any light? i have seen on ebay keys but they are 3 button,i only have one button, i have been told you can get a key for a £10 but it will only open the door. not what i want i want a fully functing one ideas anyone :unsure:

Lexus have qouted you a price for the master keys for the car.

I had two master keys cut ready and a new chip(Central locking) for the boot for £170 all in from lexus coventry.

It did come with a message saying that if the lock or ignition barrel had been changed on the car then I would be buggered :tsktsk: with no refunds :crybaby: .

For me it hadn't after new chip all was fine :winky: .

So what do you want to know?

Is it if the key has a transponder in it?

I would imagine if that is the case then all you need to do is drop the electronics out of the existing key and see if it will start the car.

If it starts then no you dont need a transponder, if it wont start then yes you do.

Unlock the car door first, then take out the electronics, leave the electronics away from the car, see if it will start.

So what do you want to know?

Is it if the key has a transponder in it?

I would imagine if that is the case then all you need to do is drop the electronics out of the existing key and see if it will start the car.

If it starts then no you dont need a transponder, if it wont start then yes you do.

Unlock the car door first, then take out the electronics, leave the electronics away from the car, see if it will start.

Good idea didn't think of that, niether did lexus. will try later

Thanks

I have a 1994 LS400 and also needed a spare key.I bought a basic key from eBay ( 2 for £6 ) with no buttons on it, took to a normal key cutting shop and had one made and it opens the door and starts engine fine.The only thing you can't do is open the doors remotely as there is no button. The key cutting shop checked my original Lexus key to see if there was any electrics in it for immobiliser by simply holding it in a simple machine and there wasn't.so for a 1994 car you don't need to pay Lexus rip off prices for one of their keys!!

I have a 1994 LS400 and also needed a spare key.I bought a basic key from Ebay ( 2 for £6 ) with no buttons on it, took to a normal key cutting shop and had one made and it opens the door and starts engine fine.The only thing you can't do is open the doors remotely as there is no button. The key cutting shop checked my original Lexus key to see if there was any electrics in it for immobiliser by simply holding it in a simple machine and there wasn't.so for a 1994 car you don't need to pay Lexus rip off prices for one of their keys!!

that sounds good andy where did you get them cut ?

I have a 1994 LS400 and also needed a spare key.I bought a basic key from Ebay ( 2 for £6 ) with no buttons on it, took to a normal key cutting shop and had one made and it opens the door and starts engine fine.The only thing you can't do is open the doors remotely as there is no button. The key cutting shop checked my original Lexus key to see if there was any electrics in it for immobiliser by simply holding it in a simple machine and there wasn't.so for a 1994 car you don't need to pay Lexus rip off prices for one of their keys!!

that sounds good andy where did you get them cut ?

I had the key cut in a normal shoe repair/key cutting shop-as long as they can cut the laser type keys it's no problem. I think I paid about £8 for them to do it as they were using my own key blank.

• 2 weeks later...

can anybody shed any light? i have seen on ebay keys but they are 3 button,i only have one button, i have been told you can get a key for a £10 but it will only open the door. not what i want i want a fully functing one ideas anyone :unsure:

update i now have a key cost 25 and no transponder and fully function great.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links