Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Clutch Jugger

hi guys

do you guys think if i replace the Clutch would the judder go for some time?

becoze its p :tsktsk: ing me off big time

and would it be good for mpg too?

hope you guys can help

thanks

wahid

only really happens if you don't match the revs properly when cold. Fitting a supercharger helps :P - plus with new clutch and flywheel plus fitting your almost there money wise lol

new clutch and flywheel is expensive though - especially the latter I thought!

It is annoying, try a tad more revs when lifting clutch - sometimes helps.

Aftermarket lightweight flywheel is a lot less than the OEM dual-mass flywheel though. Prolex are advertising them for £450 delivered, poss get them for a bit less if you shop around.

Mine does it when warm as well as cold. It's just if the revs aren't matched right - either too much or too little can do it.

only really happens if you don't match the revs properly when cold. Fitting a supercharger helps :P - plus with new clutch and flywheel plus fitting your almost there money wise lol

Doesn't help as much as an autobox though. :P

Steviewevie do you think if i replace the flywheel with the Prolex one and blue print clutch should be ok

I can't give you a guarantee but I would think so, yes. Another benefit of the lightweight flywheel is that being a conventional solid one, if there are problems with it in the future you should be able to get it skimmed to fix it (which I don't think is an option with the OEM dual-mass flywheel).

Doesn't help as much as an autobox though. :P

Lol. Well at least my suggestion would speed the car up rather than slow it down! :P

A new clutch and flywheel will fix the problem but at a huge cost.

Ed

A new clutch fixed my judder. No replacement flywheel was needed. But for how long for.......? i dont know.

hi

sorry Wez didnt read your reply yesterday mate

so new clutch worked for you then how long has it been or miles?

sorry to be a pain guys i just what the judder to go away for about 1 to 2 years if that so i dont have remortgage :lol:

thanks

wahid

Got it done at the beginning of jan this year, only done about 2000 miles on it. To early to tell. But so far so good.

A new clutch fixed my judder. No replacement flywheel was needed. But for how long for.......? i dont know.

hi

sorry Wez didnt read your reply yesterday mate

so new clutch worked for you then how long has it been or miles?

sorry to be a pain guys i just what the judder to go away for about 1 to 2 years if that so i dont have remortgage :lol:

thanks

wahid

I would do the clutch on its own if you are that bothered by it - mainly due to the cost of the flywheel!

Then if its still there, do the flywheel - if you are doing the work yourself that is.

Its a lot of money to just fix this issue though. Why not just live with it and do it when clutch needs doing!

I would do the clutch on its own if you are that bothered by it - mainly due to the cost of the flywheel!

Then if its still there, do the flywheel - if you are doing the work yourself that is.

Its a lot of money to just fix this issue though. Why not just live with it and do it when clutch needs doing!

hi

i am thinking of live with it

when i don't match the revs properly when cold

it starts to p :tsktsk: me off again

once again guys thanks for your help :winky:

wahid

Don't want to sound smug or arrogant, but it just seems to be a case of technique. I experienced the judder when I first got the car, cos I drove it like my previous car (or any other),but all it needs is blip of the throttle before the full release and matched application of more throttle at the point of pulling away. In a nutshell, more revs = smooth. Well it dfoes in mine anyway!

• 3 months later...
Got it done at the beginning of jan this year, only done about 2000 miles on it. To early to tell. But so far so good.

wez any updates on that Clutch mate

thanks

thank god someone else suffers this pain , i have just joined the lexus oweners club and the judder on my 05 is really does annoy me , especaily giving it high revs just to move off

oh well gonna live with it untill clutch needs doing

Quick question to all you manual ownning guys and gals , how noisy is you cabin ?

i could swear mine has got louder , i can hear the engine revving at 30+ when i didnt used to whilst also hearning outside motorway noise -checked the rubbers and they seem fine , whilst i cannot hear a wind wistling noise to suggest no proper seal , it could just be me but its driving me nuts

roll on half term and i can get this thing fully fixed

Quick question to all you manual ownning guys and gals , how noisy is you cabin ?

i could swear mine has got louder , i can hear the engine revving at 30+ when i didnt used to whilst also hearning outside motorway noise -checked the rubbers and they seem fine , whilst i cannot hear a wind wistling noise to suggest no proper seal , it could just be me but its driving me nuts

roll on half term and i can get this thing fully fixed

hi

no mate

but there is a little noise coming from the driver side vent

wahid

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links