Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Headlights

been trawling through some of the pics on the forum this evening, and noticed the IS300 headlights are completely clear, unlike the orange indicator section found on the 200. anyone know if they're a straight swap, as i dont seem to be able to find any actual answers??

Duv

not a straight swap but can be made to fit with a bit of work not to hard you need to change the connectors over as well

if you just want to get rid of the orange bit you can pull the lights apart and remove it and then put an orange bulb in

there is a how to do on here somewhere

Ade

seen the guide, just wondered if it was possible, especially if it can include an upgrade to HID's

thanks for the info though :)

why not split your lights remove the orange bit and buy a hb4(headlight) and hb3(fullbeam) hid kit job done cheaper and less greef than doing the 300 light conversion.

(this is what i done)

If you can find a pair if is300 lights I would go that way it is more expensive but it gives a different beam pattern

as the reflectors are designed for the hid lights it also has a reflector over the bulb to stop the light bouncing upwards

tends to blind bus and lorry drivers you can tell by the way it lights up the road signs the choice is yours

Ade

if you go on you tube and type in is200 halo conversion their is a video of how to do it on their and its a good one mate.

i have is300 HID lights in the monster, i will be pulling them out and putting back normal is200 lights, as i will be trying to get the car so i can run it on the road over here in Germany, it needs to have a road worthiness cert for the Nurburgring

Hi matt

I‘ve is300 headlights on mine now, how did you connect up the levelling motors or did you not bother

I’m trying to find a pair of the 6 way plugs to connect them up any idea’s ?

Ade

Hi matt

I‘ve is300 headlights on mine now, how did you connect up the levelling motors or did you not bother

I’m trying to find a pair of the 6 way plugs to connect them up any idea’s ?

Ade

but to get the HID headlights in you had to cut away some metal, right?

otherwise the HID headlights won't really fit into the chassis of a halogen IS.

well, HID headlights always come with an auto-leveling system, otherwise not street legal.

here in germany, a headlight washing system is also mandatory. don't know if it's the same with you in the UK.

so: know what you're doing. ;)

in my opinion, you have two choices:

1. to get the auto-leveling system to work, you would have to get the leveling sensors for the front and rear axle, the auto-leveling ecu and some connectors (e. g. the 6-pin-connectors for the leveling motors/actuators on the headlights) and harnesses (or do the wiring yourself).

this is all very expensive and a lot of work.

2. try to swap the motors/actuators from your halogen headlights, like this you can continue to use your manual halogen leveling.

i'm not 100% sure that this motor swap will work, you would have to check if the position and angle the motors are plugged into the headlights are the same on HID and halogen.

the motors have metal rods with some kind of ball at the tip.

this tip is plugged into the reflector - like this, the motor can move the reflector.

on the HID headlights, you can get to to the motor rod tip to pop it out through the low-beam opening.

i don't know if that is also possible on the halogen headlights. perhaps by temporarily removing the low beam rubber seal to get in.

Not interested in getting the auto levelling system to work to much grief

Just want to connect the new 6-pin-connectors for the levelling motors to the existing wiring

Tried swapping motors different fit

Anyone got any ideas :question:

Ade

Not interested in getting the auto levelling system to work to much grief

Just want to connect the new 6-pin-connectors for the levelling motors to the existing wiring

Tried swapping motors different fit

Anyone got any ideas :question:

Ade

the is200 wiring will not match the 6 pin plug on the is300 lights

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links